Cresco Labs is seeking a Compliance Manager to join our team in Fall River, MA. The Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring that all Cresco Operations, from seed to sale, in MA remain compliant with applicable local, state, and federal laws, and will work closely with the various regulatory bodies, including the Cannabis Control Commission and State Law Enforcement. The Compliance Manager will be the primary compliance resource for our Cultivation and Manufacturing operations, as well as our Sunnyside* Dispensary operations throughout MA. A successful candidate has the ability apply and interpret audit and compliance requirements for various departments, is a problem solver, enthusiastic, effective cross-functional communicator, reliable resource, and has previous experience auditing, investigating, and resolving compliance discrepancies.
CORE JOB DUTIES
- Establish and lead a comprehensive in-house Compliance Program and Committee.
- Lead inspections from the Cannabis Control Commission and Massachusetts State Police when necessary.
- Monitor Seed-to-Sale software Metrc to ensure accuracy and investigate any discrepancies.
- Understand and communicate new regulations to applicable Departments to ensure continued Compliance with regulators.
- Become an advanced Metrc Administrator with the ability to train others in the platform.
- Deliver and maintain compliance training for new hires and support continuing education requirements.
- Assist in drafting and updating SOPs to ensure compliance with all applicable Local, State, and Federal regulations.
- Audit paperwork and retained records from all departments to ensure compliance with applicable regulatory framework.
- Audit all systems, processes, and operations to assure all regulatory requirements are met.
- Prepare compliance reports.
- Confirm that all Packaging and Labeling, as well as Marketing and Advertising, is compliant prior to distribution.
- Work with Ops and Quality Team to establish and develop inventory controls.
- Monitor inventory losses by conducting regular inventory audits and investigate discrepancies.
- Review all inventory reports and adjustments to ensure accuracy and compliance.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of compliance or management experience, ideally in the regulated cannabis industry or another regulated industry, such as alcohol, tobacco, or manufacturing
- Must have the ability to develop and foster strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; the ability to either predict and / or identify and drive problem/issue to resolution in partnership with stakeholders
- Excellent people and communication skills (verbal and written), with ability to successfully explain complex matters and provide persuasive support for positions with internal stakeholders, outside partners, and to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to successfully manage a high-volume workload with tight deadlines
- Detail-oriented and ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Capable of handling confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge or ability to develop working knowledge of all Massachusetts Marijuana regulations.
- Previous Metrc or other Marijuana STS software experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry