The Compliance Manager will report directly to the Sr. Compliance Manager with a dotted line reporting to the Director of Programs, Deputy GM. The position will have responsibility of maintaining a control environment that ensures compliance with laws, regulations and company policies. Is able to effectively analyze and communicate compliance requirements and deficiencies to identified stakeholders. Effectively works to maintain an approved status of the major business processes and systems required to do business with U.S. Government. Must have working knowledge of requirements to support these Business Systems during external and internal audits. This knowledge should include application of Financial/Government Accounting concepts and practices in addition to Cost Estimating and Procurement practices and requirements to ensure compliance with the DFARS Business Systems rules.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have the ability to manage and perform the following tasks and functions:
· Must have sufficient understanding of laws, regulations and policies within the Aerospace and Defense industry and BAE Systems with the ability to interpret, apply and analyze accounting principles and concepts against contracts, costs, processes, practices and procedures based on the Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and BAE Systems/Ship Repair policies and procedures.
· Must actively work to maintain an effective and open relationship with the various customer representatives. Supports Government/DCAA requests under audits and reviews through the coordination and fulfillment of the data or information in a timely manner with other parts of the business.
· Must effectively work to maintain an approved status of the major business processes and systems required to do business with U.S. Government.
· Must be able to manages compliance related personnel on a full-time or temporary basis, as needed
· Must have the ability to prepare reports of findings and make recommendations to management.
· Must assist with the preparation of Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS) and assists in negotiation of final rates for the applicable years with the cognizant Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO).
· Must be able to support preparation of forward pricing rate proposals and negotiation of forward pricing rate agreements and provisional billing rates as needed with the cognizant ACO.
· Must support through research and analysis the development of solutions and their negotiation to various Government issues identified in draft reports and other communications.
· Must be able to assist in the coordination of cost accounting practice changes for consideration, their general dollar cost impacts to the business, decisions for adoption and inclusion in the business segment(s)’ disclosure statements to the Government. Identify and defend the accounting or disclosure statement change in accordance with CAS/FAR.
· Must be able to conduct financial and operational audits by examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizations to determine the reliability and effectiveness of financial and control systems, material assets, liabilities, surplus, income, expenditures, etc.
· Must have the ability to prepare reports of findings and recommendations to management.
· Must be able to evaluate and recommend improvements to business practices, processes and control procedures.
· Have the ability to perform follow-up and corrective action plan completion validations against Internal Audit, Financial Controls framework, and DFARS Business Systems findings.
· Must be able to communicate routinely with Sr. Management areas of activity and concerns related to the business.
· Must have the ability to support business procedures/tools development and modification in a consulting role on an as needed basis against open internal controls or regulatory issues.
Preferred Skills and Education
· Strong critical thinking skills and tool knowledge.
· Strong personal work ethic.
· Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices and standards or wide application of technical principles. Full knowledge of industry practices.
· Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. May refer to established precedents and policies.
· Work is performed under general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy.
· Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization.
· Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
10+ years of experience with a High School Diploma
8+ years of experience with an AA
6+ years of experience with a BS
3+ years of experience with a MS
Prefer prior compliance and/or internal/external audit experience.
Certifications such as CPA, CMA, CIA are considered a plus.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
We celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We’re laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Req #: 46157BR