Available Work Locations
California (Costa Mesa), Detroit (Michigan), Georgia (Duluth), Illinois (Itasca), North Carolina (Charlotte), Pennsylvania (Fort Washington), Texas (Lewisville), United States (Remote)
Ally Requisition #
Ally and Your Career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do - and that's more than some cliche people put on job postings. We live this stuff! We see our people as, well, people - with interests, families, friends, dreams and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You're constantly evolving, so shouldn't your opportunities be, too?
The Compliance Manager will support Insurance in the development, implementation, and maintenance of an effective Homeowners Insurance Compliance Program framework that includes an internal control structure, monitoring, reporting, and training. This role will be responsible for the implementation of policies and developing procedures and may lead small project teams to support the compliance program. The Manager will also be responsible for compliance regarding property and casualty insurance fronting arrangements entered into by Ally Insurance, in addition to Ally's Garage Insurance program. Work may involve analysis of complex problems, regulations, and evaluations to determine the appropriate solution(s).
The Work Itself
- Serve as a resource to the lines of business and enterprise functions for Compliance related matters and initiatives providing mentorship to managers and compliance partners on the implementation of effective controls including policies, procedures, and governance.
- Ensure effective processes and controls in accordance with regulatory requirements are in place to support the current product and customer risk profile.
- Perform ongoing assessment of testing results, including but not limited to, audit, exam, and internal testing results, and recommend, to identify, develop and recommend and assist in the development of topical training tools and resources for business divisions and enterprise functions.
- Supervise the Compliance issues management program ensuring timely and accurate updates, tracking, and management reporting.
- Supervise regulatory organizational change and requirements, including communication and implementation of any vital changes within the business line.
- Completion and filing of required regulatory filings and reporting requirements in states where operations are maintained.
- Complete required rate, rule, and form filings in accordance with state filing requirements.
- Lead timely responses to regulatory exams and internal audits serving as coordinator for the collection of materials and tracking/reporting of issue remediation.
- Prepare Compliance related management reports.
- Lead the development and administration of line of business procedures and internal Compliance procedures.
- Handle the completion and analysis of annual risk assessments for the lines of business.
- Assist other members of the Regulatory & Compliance Team and support other projects as vital.
- Ability to travel 25%
The Skills You Bring
- Bachelors' degree in business or related major or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years related homeowner's insurance compliance or regulatory experience
- Experience with insurance fronting and commercial lines auto & garage insurance programs is preferred
- Solid understanding of applicable laws and regulations
- SERFF filing experience preferred, but not required
- Regulatory and compliance research experience, including use of regulatory databases such as Wolters Kluwer InSource or similar
- Attention to detail and outstanding written and oral communication skills with a proven track record to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Ability to identify and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Consistent track record to simultaneously accomplish multiple tasks assignments and prioritize work as needed to meet business needs
- Proven ability to interpret and understand laws and regulations, providing recommendations and solutions.
How We'll Have Your Back
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally's total compensation -- or total rewards -- extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
- Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
- Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
- Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
- Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
- Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Who We Are
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.