At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devicesand branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
Primary Job Function:
- Provides direct oversight for moderately complex elements of Abbott’s compliance program at the business unit level.
- Responsible for directing the development and administration of OEC (Office of Ethics & Compliance) education and training, and development and implementation of divisional monitoring plan. Identifies compliance risk areas and recommends action plans to OEC Director.
Core job responsibilities:
- The Manager performs the following with minimal to moderate supervision from OEC Director.
- Partners with all levels of key divisional business functions to provide moderately complex OEC and divisional policy interpretation and requirements, compliance risk assessment, trend analysis and best practice recommendations.
- Conducts moderately complex policy and procedure reviews and updates related to OEC policy and procedures ensuring clarity, applicability and compliance.
- Develops, delivers and updates OEC’s comprehensive training program on moderately complex OEC policies and procedures. Assists with development and delivery of training on complex OEC and divisional policies and procedures.
- Develops implements, modifies and oversees divisional monitoring plan to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assists OEC Director on compliance audits, oversees the fulfillment of auditors requests, acts as liaison between business and auditors during on site activities, evaluates and responds to all moderately complex preliminary findings and recommendations, guides the business in preparing corrective action to address moderately complex findings and recommendations, and ensures timely completion.
- Directs and participates in compliance leadership meetings and provides input on violation process. Oversees the tracking and trending and proposes recommendations for corrective actions.
- Provides guidance on proposed commercial programs, identifies moderately complex legal and regulatory issues, analyzes alternatives and works with legal, as appropriate, to propose solutions to the business.
- Possesses solid knowledge of Abbott’s businesses and knowledge of the broader business impact.
- Participates and may lead moderately complex OEC programs cross-divisionally.
- Accountable to OEC Director and senior business unit management.
- Assigned matters/business units have moderate impact to Abbott’s compliance program.
- Operates independently within well-defined expectations, checking in as necessary with supervisor(s).
BA/BS required. CPA, Masters, JD, or equivalent work experiencepreferred.
Minimum Experience/Training Required:
- Minimum of 6 years experience with, or exposure to, business functions such as compliance, legal, regulatory affairs, government affairs, and finance.