Develops and implements strategies for all activities relating to internal controls. Oversees the design and implementation of internal controls over financialreporting.
Manages daily operations in support of Management’s annual assessment of internal controls over financialreporting. Partners with internal audit and business stakeholders to identify process deficiencies and improvements, and report test results to senior management.
Stays abreast of changes in regulatory environment to ensure the organization's timely compliance. Serves as liaison between internal and external auditors.
- Role isresponsible for complete beginning to end management of the annual compliance cycle forInternal Control over FinancialReporting
- Works with process owners to ensure documentation is updated and accurate and in accordance with professional standards and auditor expectations. This includes business and IT control requirements
- Partners with IA and external auditors to coordinate information flow, execution of process walkthroughs, and execution of control testing
- Maintains all requiredaudit documentation for each annual cycle
- Responsible for reviewing, updating, implementation of process improvements, and reporting of proper Segregation of Duties
- Monitors Compliance/Regulatory environment and works with auditors to plan for and implement any changes
- Ensures accuracy of and compliance with Company’s Delegations of Authority (expenditure approvals)
- Works with IA to facilitate our quarterly Disclosure Controls and Self-Assessment process
- Works with project team to ensure proper Internal Controls are maintained as Company implements new systems
- Assist Financial Reporting with special projects as needed
Education: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree, CPArequired
Experience: 3-5 in Compliance, Internal Audit, Financial Reporting, SOX
Strong understanding of internal controls, business process analysis, and risk assessment
Knowledge of GAAP
Critical thinking, strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail
Excellent verbal and written communication
- Build positive working relationships within all levels of the organization