At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk, and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Wholesale Testing & Validation (T&V) has an exciting opportunity on the Financial Crimes Testing & Validation Team for a Compliance Manager 3 responsible for managing testing and validation of financial crimes risks and controls. This includes managing a team performing routine reviews of the Wholesale financial crimes risk programs, procedures, and controls, as well as validation of audit and regulatory issues.
Key responsibilities of the Compliance Manager 3 - Wholesale Testing & Validation may include (but are not limited to):
- Managing a team responsible for Wholesale financial crimes testing and validation, including development and maintenance of ongoing testing schedule, management and allocation of staff to ensure timely completion of test plans, supervision of testing activities and documentation, and results reporting.
- Representing Wholesale Testing & Validation in Wholesale financial crimes forums and committees to ensure transparency to testing and validation schedule and results, as well as to ensure testing is appropriately scheduled and aligned to key program elements and milestones.
- Managing the use of internal and external data, including publicly available information.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Due Diligence, etc.
- Maintaining an awareness of financial crimes activity across Wholesale and potentially providing subject matter expertise to business projects and initiatives.
- Managing relationships and fostering a team orientation with business heads, legal, and all lines of defense (including but not limited to the following groups: WGRO, WFCRC, BART, FCRM, and WFAS).
- Working with Wholesale Banking complex lines of business to execute required BSA/OFAC compliance and operational risk testing in accordance with Enterprise Testing & Validation policies and procedures.
- Completing validation coverage activities to assess the adequacy of corrective actions that address the risk and control issues identified by regulators, WFAS, or compliance testing examinations.
- Exhibiting creditable challenge and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls while maintaining professional independence throughout the testing engagement.
- Reporting findings and providing recommendations to both Wholesale Banking and key Stakeholders.
- Providing compliance expertise and potential solutions to identified gaps and associated risks as applicable to the different Wholesale lines of business.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 8+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 3+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
Other Desired Qualifications
- Background in BSA, specifically conducting regulatory compliance reviews and/or assisting in the validation of identified issues within a business program
- Experience managing a high performing team in an ever changing environment
- Strong knowledge of the financial regulatory environment and ability to maintain awareness of current laws and regulations as it pertains to BSA/AML
- Experience managing testing engagements and testing reviews to include review and approval of test scripts and reporting, and ability to provide credible challenge to the team
- Strong sense of integrity and ethical leadership
- Related certifications such as ACAMS, CIA, CRCM, etc.
- Experience with Wells Fargo risk platform tools such as CRAS+, SHRP, and ORIS
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking organizational structure, including WFCRC and BART
- Understanding of Wells Fargo's BSA related policies, standards, and different tools/platforms