The way the world communicates is changing, and Radisys is leading the way to transform how networks operate and communications companies face the complex challenges of the “connected everything” world that is on the way.
Our products are dynamic, our customer base is global, and the potential impact of your efforts here are significant. With this in mind, we are currently seeking a Compliance Engineering Program Manager with experience in product safety with the aptitude for understanding, interpreting, and communicating technical regulatory product requirements to cross functional project and business unit teams. This is a highly visible and exciting role that requires strong technical, analytical and interpersonal communication skills that will interface with Radisys’ R&D, Product Marketing, Project Management Teams and 3rd party certification agencies.
- Provide early design input on all Radisys products to ensure predictable EMC/EMI, Electrical Safety and Environmental compliance on a global scale.
- Will review the product hardware designs (schematic and layout) with respect to safety-critical function in order to create product submittal packages.
- Develop a compliance test plan applicable to EMC/EMI, Electrical Safety and Environmental standards.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams and business units to ensure all global certifications and requirements are met.
- Work directly with 3rd party certification agencies to obtain project approvals to sell products in global marketplace.
- Ensure all product changes meet original required product certifications. Define all required re-testing and/re-certification based on product changes.
- Provide technical support to quotation, design, and manufacture.
- Provide leadership to Quality and System Engineers for investigation of field problems associated with product regulatory compliance.
- Ongoing analysis of field performance, identification of trends and risks, and actions to eliminate or mitigate adverse post market issues related to product regulatory compliance.
- Participate as key functional expert in organizational activities such as Product Design Reviews, Phase Gate Reviews, Quality Review Board, CAPA Review Board, and other related activities.
- Bachelor’s degree is requirement, advanced degree a plus.
- 8+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance, Compliance, Regulatory in a telecommunications / technology company.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a compliance program with applicable experience with EMI, EMC, ESD, ESI testing on design level and how to work with UL and other regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge and understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements (UL, CCC, BIS, CE, CB, FCC, etc.) across global markets.
- Must have advanced knowledge of MS Office tools, specifically Power Point and Excel.
- Strong statistical background preferred. Must be able to create own data analysis and presentation reports using MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong program management experience is required, preferably in a global environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills, including regularly leading presentations in front of peers and leadership.
- Highly self-motivated, passionate individual, comfortable delivering to a deadline in a fast-paced environment.
- New Product Introduction experience a plus.