Supermicro is seeking for a Safety and EMC compliance engineer with working knowledge of international standards governing telecommunications equipment (CE, BSMI, CCC, VCCI ect) as well as experience working with UL, CSA, or other NRTLs to meet necessary compliance standards. He / She should be skilled in debugging issues, understanding regulatory language managing projects and maintaining documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned):
- Write and maintain custom automation scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Need to work with product managers, salesperson, clients, and 3rd party test labs to complete compliance certification on an efficient schedule and ensure timely compliance approvals on all company’s product
- Define safety and EMC standards and be involved in chassis and product designing process.
- Preform EMC debug at test lab and report and document the failures and resolve safety and EMC issues that arise in real time situations.
- Maintain compliance documentation, reports and datasheets. Prepare compliance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Sync with overseas compliance team to complete projects shared across the company.
- Responsible to lead factory inspections from agency such as UL, CSA, TUV, CCC, etc.
- Utilize expertise in the area of global standards compliance to analyze and provide input to program/project teams in the form of specific actions, tasks and plans related to compliance with applicable standards.
- Responsible for pro-actively managing standards compliance throughout the product lifecycle by establishing mechanism to monitor changes in standards compliance.
- Interpret standards requirements and design systems in collaboration with product teams to insure that designs fulfill requirements; and will share expertise and institutionalize learning to provide training to technical and management teams.
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 Years’ experience
- Working knowledge of common global safety and EMC regulations
- Hands on experience debugging issues
- Command line experience in both Windows and Linux OS
About Super Micro Computer, Inc.:
Supermicro® (NASDAQ: SMCI) is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.