$80K — $100K *
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL) seeks a Compliance Engineer to specialize in safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to lead in the effort to ensure SEL products, processes, and facilities comply with applicable industry safety, environmental, and electromagnetic compatibility standards, then this position is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and support a comprehensive understanding of product safety standards, requirements, and solutions for the industrial and utility markets.
2. Develop compliance tests, procedures, and reports related to product safety and ensure test documentation is complete and aligned with the laboratory quality management system.
3. Develop and maintain a general understanding of SEL products and markets.
4. Provide general technical assistance to product groups.
5. Mentor Associate Engineers and Technicians in Product Compliance and R&D.
6. Follow and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing.
7. Understand. Create. Simplify.
8. Other duties as assigned.
B.S. in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline, or equivalent experience
Experience with national and international product safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, CE, NOM, BIS)
5+ years working knowledge of product safety engineering practices and philosophies at an electronics development and manufacturing company
Excellent working knowledge of common compliance safety related test equipment, test chambers, and testing practices
Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Background check results satisfactory to SEL
Negative drug test result(s)
Knowledge of one or more of the following product safety standards/programs:
-- IEC/EN 60255-27
-- UL/IEC/EN 61010-1
-- UL 508/508A
-- IEC/EN 60947-x
-- IEC/EN 60079-x
-- UL 121201
-- UL Data Acceptance Program (DAP)
-- IEC Customer Test Facility (CTF)
Leadership experience or training
Sit and stand at least eight hours
Lift up to 30 pounds infrequently
Vision correctable to 20/30 or better
Ability to communicate via telephone
Use computer keyboard devices
Pullman, WA- SEL’s corporate office is located in Eastern Washington where you'll enjoy an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: country space, freedom from traffic, easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests, as well as great schools and universities.
An Award Winning Company
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc. (SEL) has earned a reputation for quality, reliability, integrity, and service. This has enabled us to expand within both the electric utility and industrial markets in many different industries, markets, and geographies around the world.
Valid through: 4/25/2021