PAR Technology Corporation is the parent company of two operating subsidiaries: ParTech, Inc. and PAR Government Systems Corporation. Building on nearly 40 years of experience, ParTech, Inc. offers point-of-sale ("POS") software solutions and hardware platforms to the restaurant and retail industries. PAR's Government segment is a leader in providing computer-based system design, engineering, and technical services to the Department of Defense and various federal agencies. PAR Technology Corporation's stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol PAR.
- Creating and implementing complex regulatory compliance plans for major product development programs
- Contributes to advanced regulatory and standards research on new technologies, markets and geographic regions
- Provides clear options and leadership for recovery plans as needed, displaying excellence in project management identifying critical milestones, gating items and priorities, determining deadlines for deliverables on critical path, and communicating to cross-functional team members
- Identifies compliance related risks, effectively communicates the threat and suggests best means for avoiding or reducing the risk
- Leads compliance plan reviews and safety design review meetings for individual products, early in the design cycle
- Effectively communicates the dependencies of other departments' deliverables on our project milestones and vice versa
- Works with Global Product Standards & Regulations organization to monitor and analyze regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or another relevant field from a four-year college or university AND a minimum of 5 years' relevant experience.
- Must possess experience in providing direction and taking the lead on regulatory input during the product design process. Experience with ESD, EMC, EMI, all wireless technologies such as BT, Wi-Fi, Cellular, and product safety testing and country certifications.
- Understands manufacturing and supply chain issues as they relate to phase-in of compliance-driven design changes
- Experience reviewing nearly all EMC and safety design aspects for circuit design and PCB layout
- Ability to explain and document regulatory and standards requirements
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills