A fast-growing, exciting, cutting-edge, FinTech company in the money transmitter, and digital payments space seeks an experienced Compliance professional to head-up their small, but quickly developing New York City office.
The Compliance professional will play an important role in the design and monitoring of the company’s financial crime and compliance programs. He/she will ensure that the company observes all relevant local and international Regulatory and Financial Crime requirements.
Reporting directly to the Global Chief Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing internal compliance framework, making sure that its employees continuously act in compliance with applicable laws, procedures and policies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining the BSA/AML & FINTRAC compliance program and associated policies and procedures for an MSB business ensuring the BSA four pillar requirements are properly established
- Lead efforts to establish and maintain a robust, scalable client due diligence onboarding program for the US, Canada and rest of the Americas market
- Lead and/or oversee key projects and initiatives related to BSA AML Compliance, Financial Crime & State Money Transmitter Licensing
- Working withother stakeholders to develop and enhance products and services in compliance with applicable AML/OFAC laws and regulations
- Ensuring the company maintains a sound internal compliance structure, involving reporting, Sanctions screening and suspicious activity monitoring Maintaining awareness of OFAC, BSA and FINTRAC regulatory changes.
- Keep Board and Senior Management informed on compliance issues such as public enforcement actions, FATF publications, FinCEN and State regulator advisories
- Composing compliance-related material to communicate information to senior management and staff Collaborate with the Global Risk & Compliance Group in London on a variety on Risk initiatives
- Development and people management of the North America Compliance team Act as the BSA AML Compliance Officer
- Representing the company with clients, banking partners, and at events and conferences
Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree and CAMS certification required5 or more years’ relevant experience in AML Compliance or Financial Crime
- Candidates must have a strong AML, regulatory risk, and compliance background such as BSA AML, USA Patriot Act, FinCEN, FFIEC, OFAC and FINTRAC & OSFI knowledge for Canada.
- Strong background with international payments and cross jurisdictional rules and regulations
- Experience with State and Federal Regulatory Bodies and working MSB regulation knowledge
- Experience with FX, Ecommerce, card issuing, merchant acquiring and MSB products and services
- KYC due diligence and onboarding of clients, affiliates and third parties and exceptional knowledge in Sanctions / OFAC management
- Liaising with outside counsel to build out programs and maintaining them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, auditors, and regulatory examiners. Working knowledge of internal banking processes and systems.
- Previous MSB experiencepreferred
- Well organized, ability to prioritize multiple tasks and to bring open projects to closure.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence others for results
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess complex issues and structure appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Excellent team working skills, ability to manage own workload and tenacious attention to detail
- Must be comfortable working in a start-up environment