The Compliance Director will provide strategic direction and strong leadership for the Regulatory Examination Office (REO) which includes managing and coordinating CFPB, SEC, and FINRA (Ally Invest) examinations and assisting with all other State and Federal Examinations as applicable. Determining new methods and developing new procedures for accomplishing work and interfacing with all levels of management to coordinate examination activity. Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations. Additionally, the Compliance Director will facilitate all LEAD initiatives for Compliance.
- Provide strategic direction and strong leadership for examination management
- Lead and manage examinations for the duration of the examination management cycle
- Determine new methods and develop new procedures for accomplishing work
- Interface with all levels of management to coordinate examination activity
- Thorough knowledge of applicable federal and state regulations
- Reporting compliance issues and gaps to senior management including the CCO, the Compliance Risk Management Committee,
- Preparing presentations for CFPB, etc.
- Facilitate LEAD Initiatives
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Education level: Minimum - Bachelors' degree in business or related major
- Major field of study:
- Certifications or special training needed:
- Total years and type of prior related experience: 10+ years
- Ability to respond quickly to a changing environment
- Ability to influence others and initiate change
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Willingness to be flexible and take on new assignments as directed
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digitalfinancial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digitalwealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Compliance and Regulatory Affairs is responsible for driving compliance with laws, regulations and company policies set forth by federal regulators and stakeholders.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financialsecurity and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs