Facebook seeks a highly motivated team player to serve as Compliance Counsel. This position will play a key role in supporting Facebook’s compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This full-time position will be located in our Washington, DC or Menlo Park, CA office. This is a great opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the design and implementation of company-wide compliance programs and initiatives.
- Advise on strategic response to legal and regulatory compliance matters across the company, including in the areas of political activities and ethics, anti-corruption, global trade, and environmental, health and safety.
- Develop and communicate compliance policies, processes and training.
- Manage and conduct internal compliance investigations, risk assessments, and audits.
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Public Policy, Product Teams, Human Resources, and Finance, to coordinate compliance programs and initiatives.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives.
- J.D. degree with membership in at least one U.S. state bar
- 3+ years of attorney experience, including in-house experience and/or at a law firm
- Interpersonal experience and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality