CyberArk is seeking a full-time Compliance Counsel. This person will act as a legal advisor with shared responsibility for maintaining and improving a robust compliance program for a publicly traded, global technology company, and will independently work with other legal team members who support compliance and various departments within our organization. The position is based in Newton, MA and may require some domestic and international travel (though at the time of this posting we are operating remotely).
- Advises the organization on risk management, compliance and governance frameworks to ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and best practice as well as the company’s policies, procedures and business goals
- Helps develop, maintain, and monitor a wide range of policies and procedures for the general operation of an effective and complete global compliance program, to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Maintains, delivers, and expands an effective compliance communication and training program for the organization to promote awareness and understanding of each stakeholder’s obligations
- Supports design, implementation and evaluation of compliance-related processes, business applications, LMS, and data management tools that are effective, scalable and suitable for a high growth company, so that business activities are conducted successfully and appropriately
- Handles the day-to-day operation of the compliance program along with other legal counsel, including working with external vendors and advisors where relevant.
- Collaborates with in-house compliance counsel and other legal counsels to review and provide practical guidance on compliance issues including avenues for resolution. Consults with outside counsel as needed to resolve complex compliance issues
- Conducts periodic impact assessments in coordination with the organization’s other compliance and operational assessment functions, such as SOX Director and General Counsel, identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, and develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
- Helps respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations and policies, conducts appropriate investigations to assess and resolve any non-compliance
- 5+ years of experience practicing law and focusing on corporate compliance, with experience working at a publicly traded global company (technology company an advantage)
- Bachelors or Masters degree required, J.D. from an accredited law school and a member in good standing of a U.S. state bar, preferably Massachusetts is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience producing executive reports and presentations
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player, experience working in global companies and cross-cultural environments
- Business oriented, ability to think strategically and establish a “trusted advisor” relationship with internal clients
- Consistent delivery on commitments, great organizational skills, resourceful and results-oriented, with exceptional follow through and attention to detail
- Great technical skills and understanding of IT systems with hands-on experience implementing interoperable compliance tools to effectively scale a global compliance program
- Creative and pragmatic thinker, responsive and proactive
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, motivated self-starter
- Experience in cybersecurity regulation, employment law and mergers and acquisitions and ability to speak and write fluently in Spanish an advantage
CyberArk Legal Department
Our team is a trusted advisor and ally across the company. Legal is positioned as a partner and business enabler, mitigating risk while driving positive outcomes and supporting CyberArk’s rapid growth and expansion into new markets. With team members in Israel, the US, the UK, the Netherlands and Singapore, we work to continuously enhance legal and risk management practices and systems to strengthen the business. With passion, dedication and a true love for tackling challenges, we play a crucial role in supporting CyberArk and our colleagues in other departments around the world.
CyberArk is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.