At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers� financial needs and help them succeed financially. We�re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you�ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group-specific testing. Enterprise Testing and Validation for Consumer and Business Products is responsible for testing and validation activities in the Consumer Bank and PVSI for the Auto, Cards and Retail Services, Customer Segments, and Treasury, Merchant Services, Payment Solutions lines of businesses.
The Compliance Consultant 5 (CC5) role will be focused on the development and execution of Validation-based testing activities across various Lines of Business within Consumer Banking and PVSI, including Wells Fargo Auto (WFA) Cards and Retails Services (CRS), Treasury, Merchant, and Payment Solutions (TMPS) and Customer Segments (CS). CC5s work on the most complex testing engagements and are expected to lead their own Validations while simultaneously assisting other, more junior Compliance Consultants with reviews that have been assigned to them.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Design and lead complex validation activities from end-to-end and with little to no supervision; includes information gathering and background research, scope development, sampling strategies, testing methodologies, and control design evaluation
- Support testing performed by other, more junior consultants on the validation team, including providing guidance on general risk management/testing principles as well as specific guidance related to ongoing reviews
- Interpret regulations and company policies and determine their applicability to business processes
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls; analyze business or system changes to determine impact; identify and assess operational risk issues where relevant
- Coordinate with the appropriate partners and subject matter experts in Compliance, the Line of Business, Audit, and Legal when analyzing potential findings identified during testing engagements
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding testing topics for Line of Business (�LOB�) partners
- Present test results in an objective and unbiased manner, with clear connections drawn between Issues, Corrective Actions, validation findings, and recommendations
- Draft validation opinions reflecting relevant facts and that lead to logical and supportable conclusions
- Develop and maintain deep and strong relationships with business partners, control executive team consultants, key stakeholders, all levels of leadership, and other team members. Stay in tune with ongoing business process changes, regulatory expectations, customer feedback, etc.
- Whenever possible, partner with the Data Analytics team to develop and enhance the use of data analytics and automated testing as an efficient means of measuring adherence to compliance and operational risk requirements
- Elevate the team�s overall quality of work; review quality assurance feedback and take appropriate actions to address areas requiring attention, as well as perform peer-reviews of testing to identify opportunities for improvement
- Document workpapers sufficiently and write issues that clearly articulate work performed and results obtained
- Assist management with review planning, scheduling, testing strategies, and coverage plan; identify and escalate trends and offer potential solutions
- Proactively identify potential risks to Wells Fargo based on research of industry news, consent orders and other regulatory guidance
This position requires superior communication skills, strong analytical skills, and a very high attention to detail. The right candidate will be committed to promoting a collaborative and team oriented environment with a bias to proactively helping manage risks to the bank.Required Qualifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
Other Desired Qualifications
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in Validation testing
- Experience leading high-profile testing engagements that undergo a large amount of scrutiny
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with business partners, legal, compliance
- Compliance and controls testing experience
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines despite competing priorities
- Audit or compliance related certification such as the CPA, CIA, CRCM, etc.
- Knowledge of risk platforms used at Wells Fargo and experience with testing & monitoring activity
One or more of the following certifications is desired:
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Certified Financial Crimes Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Certified Risk And Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP)
- Certified Risk Professional Program (CRP)
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.