Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
Compliance Consultant | Regulatory Testing - RA
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Regional Compliance Testing Team has openings for a Compliance Consultant responsible for leading and executing Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance, Business Controls and Testing Review Assignments. The Team Member will perform independent testing and monitoring activities across an assortment of business lines, legal entities and other related functions within the responsibility of the Regions, Canada and Latin America.
•Development and design of testing strategies and methodologies in accordance with Corporate Regulatory Compliance, Business Processes, Policies and Procedures
•Execute detailed test script procedures, research and obtain supporting documentation relating to the work performed and document the results of the analysis process
•Ensure that Compliance Testing, Business Controls and Quality Assurance Reviews are proficiently and efficiently performed, accurately interpret results against distinct criteria’s
•Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, and internal controls
•Prepare comprehensive reporting of test conclusions by process, business controls and/or mandatory requirements
•Report findings, providing sensible recommendations, proposing areas for improvement and presenting to business line and regional management
•Conduct validation testing and follow-up of Corrective Actions and/or Issues to monitor and assess management’s implementation of recommendations
•Ensure that Testing Reviews of the Annual Compliance Testing Plan and Business Controls are delivered timely to meet the established timeline
•Provide Compliance Testing expertise in identification of risks, assessing of controls and reporting on effectiveness of controls to ensure compliance with federal, provincial, agency, legal, regulatory, policy and procedure requirements
•May lead project team(s) and provide guidance to less experienced consultants
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: (Submission Summary)
1. 2+ years in compliance or operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk) and 2+ years in one or more of the following: compliance, operational risk management, business process management or financial services, or a Bachelor''s or advanced degree in Business or Economics
2. Sound and continued knowledge of the Compliance Risk Assessment process across different lines of business and the Corporation
3. Meet regulatory expectations and provide management current information regarding standards of compliance with applicable rules/legislation
4. Experience with operational risk systems
5. Strong working knowledge of audit principles including sampling methods
6. Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance and/or risk management policies and procedures
7. Ability to multi-task between multiple and ongoing responsibilities and assignments
8. Proven ability in exercising independent judgment and applying prudent risk mitigation principles
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
10. Ability to meet deliverables in tight timeframes
11. Exhibits flexibility and adaptability
12. Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply prudent risk mitigation principles
13. Ability to travel approximately 10 – 20%
14. Present Salary?
15. Salary Expectation?
16. Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder?
17. Current Address?