Since 1851, MassMutual’s commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We at MassMutual value diversity and inclusion. We’re people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we’re stronger.
Provide comprehensive consultation to our business partners on privacy and other related compliance matters.
- This activity may include drafting/reviewing procedures, participating on project teams, conducting process reviews/audits, creating and delivering educational materials, and consulting on individual privacy questions.
- Investigate and respond to potential privacy incidents involving client information or other confidential Company data. Analyze root cause of privacy incidents to recommend corrective actions to reduce or eliminate reoccurrence of the incident.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key business partners.
- Prepare periodic metrics and reports, as needed.
- Handle broader compliance projects, assist with regulatory audits, and complete special assignments as required.
- Work with business partners in operations, sales, risk management, and technology organizations to address compliance and regulatory issues.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience with privacy and/or information security issues.
- Minimum of 5 years recent experience in the financial services industry.
- Strong knowledge of information technology, and ability to assess risks in the information technology environment.
- Strong knowledge of MassMutual products and operations, as well as the insurance and securities regulatory environment.
- Sound judgment, analytical and decision making skills. Audit and project management experience are a plus.
- Ability and willingness to identify regulatory risks and supervisory control weaknesses to mid and senior-level management.
- Ability and willingness to develop and negotiate creative and practical solutions to compliance and regulatory issues that meet regulatory requirements while balancing the needs and available resources of the business areas.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate precise and thorough documentation.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and risk assessment skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external business partners at all levels and areas of the organization.
- Drives continuous improvement and efficiencies beyond own scope of responsibility.
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 not required, but are a plus (may be required in the future).
- Professional designations or certifications (e.g., FLMI, CLU, CIPP/US, CISSP) not required but are a plus.
Ranked No. 77 in the annual FORTUNE ® 500 Ranking (FORTUNE ® Magazine, June 2017) and recognized as a World’s Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It’s more than our company structure – it’s our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better – everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.