Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
5 - 7 years
Posted 141 days ago
It is the primary responsibility of the Compliance Auditor to perform audits for compliance, as defined by the local Gaming Control Board, and to ensure consistent application of relevant laws, regulations and related company policies and procedures to achieve the highest level of business integrity while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures, within the framework and intent of the property’s Mission Statement.
• Enforces, investigates, and reports violations of overall company policies and procedures related to local Gaming Control, Lottery Gaming Control Agency Rules, and Liquor Control Code.
• Conducts testing of potential risk areas and identifies reportable issues.
• Ensures departmental compliance with existing financial policies and procedures.
• Ensure Compliance Training and Testing is administered and completed by the required deadlines.
• Identifies & proposes modifications as needed.
• Conducts risk assessment of operating departments and provides advice to management to minimize risk resulting from inadequate controls.
• Reviews the responses to internal and external audits to ensure that recommendations are implemented.
• Follows-up on audit action plans to ensure that all action items are resolved before the next audit.
• Drafts promotions and giveaways submittals to the Gaming Control agency in support of the Marketing department, as well as coordinates approvals, as necessary.
• Prepares preliminary monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance reports for final review by the Director, Compliance.
• Provides management with periodic reports on compliance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies
• Maintains detailed records regarding compliance correspondence and departmental requests and ensures follow-up is complete, when necessary.
• Responds promptly to requests for information and other requests by any gaming regulators and other governmental agencies.
• Distributes compliance correspondence to applicable departments as directed.
• Assists the Director, Compliance in acting as liaison to gaming regulators and other governmental agencies associated with a focus on licensing and compliance issues.
• Promotes and maintains the highest level of customer service to all guests while staying alert to their needs.
• Responds effectively to guest inquiries related to the property and local area providing excellent guest service.
• Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management.
• Monitors and minimizes overtime according to labor and departmental standards.
• Ensures staff motivation through recognition and engagement.
• Schedules and staffs for appropriate business levels.
• Monitors training of new employees to help them achieve higher goals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum five (5) years of experience in accounting, auditing, or regulatory compliance
• Minimum two (2) years of experience in a gaming industry
• Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
• Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Gaming License
• Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
• Planning and Organizing: The ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities, and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished efficiently.
• Decision-Making: The ability to know when a decision needs to be made and having the readiness to make timely, sound decisions. This includes selecting the most promising alternative or course of action, recognizing when outside advice is needed, and committing to action, even in uncertain situations.
• Computer Skills: The ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs or analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
• Company Polices Knowledge: The ability and willingness to learn and understand the company’s policies, procedures, and regulations related to operations, guest relations, human resources, safety, security, and loss prevention.
• Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
• Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others’ questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
• Integrity: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all state and federal laws and company policies and procedures. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
• Stress Tolerance: The ability to work productively and effectively when faced with stressful work situations and time pressures. This includes maintaining stamina, patience, and effective interactions with others under stressful working conditions, and maintaining a calm, controlled, professional manner when facing high pressure and demanding situations.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: The ability to work in ambiguous situations and change one's style or approach in response to differing circumstances. This includes being open to change and new information; adapting behavior and work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles; and adjusting rapidly to new situations warranting attention and resolution.
• Coaching and Developing: The ability to train, coach, and develop employees. This includes recognizing and fostering talent, enhancing employees’ job skills and performance through instruction, training, personal guidance and example; providing appropriate developmental experiences for skill and job growth; and helping employees learn from their mistakes through positive reinforcement.
• Microsoft Office Skills: The ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook computer programs proficiently.
• Investigations: The ability to conduct legally defensible investigations. This includes using diplomacy and tact, maintaining neutrality, taking separate statements, and keeping conversations confidential.
• Auditing Skills: The ability to perform auditing procedures, including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data.