About Swiss Re
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions provides risk transfer solutions to large and mid-sized corporations around the world. Its innovative, highly customized products and standard insurance covers help to make businesses more resilient, while its industry-leading claims service provides additional peace of mind. Swiss Re Corporate Solutions serves clients from over 50 offices worldwide and is backed by the financial strength of the Swiss Re Group.
About the role:
Exciting opportunity to join Swiss Re as a Licensing Compliance Specialist in our Overland Park office. This role helps support producer and adjuster licensing compliance for Corporate Solutions and our wide variety of insurance lines we offer; ensuring our companies comply with all laws, regulations and industry best practices. Explore process improvements and look to implement new technologies in this fast paced environment, all while adhering to state regulations.
About the team:
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Manage the submission of appointments to state insurance departments in a timely manner. Apply problem solving techniques to assist business unit personnel when responding to regulatory issues.
- Manage the submission of claimsadjuster initial/renewal applications to the state insurance departments in a timely manner. Correspond with Department of Insurance personnel to resolve any issues.
- Research and respond to internal/external customer inquiries concerning matters such as appointment requirements & process, producer & adjuster licensing, continuing education and other compliance topics.
- Subject Matter Expert for Producer Clearance and Partner Integration. Work closely with business, IT and Partner Data Management to resolve issues, including those regulatory in nature.
- Ensure in house regulatory systems accurately reflect current producer and adjuster information. Includes analyzing accuracy of producer change requests and the impact to policy processing systems.
- Identify and help implement modifications to in house regulatory systems, including user acceptance testing. Involves partnership with global IT personnel.
- Analyze and interpret state insurance department statutes, regulations, bulletins, etc. to ensure adherence to appointment and producer/adjuster licensing requirements. Stay current on proposed regulatory changes and developments that may affect producers and claimsadjusters.
- Duties and responsibilities directly affect productivity, policy processing efficiency, timeliness, profitability and regulatory compliance.
- Analyze regulatory requests regarding Producer Licensing in order to facilitate the ability of the business to bind policies in a compliant manner.
- Develop and maintain extensive personal contacts with state insurance department staff. Represent the company at industry meetings.
- Perform other related duties, including short or long term projects, as assigned by team lead
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) from a four- year college or university
- Insurance Designation preferred (INS, SILA-A /SILA-F, CPCU)
- Minimum 5 years work experience in producer and/or adjuster licensing
- Solid research, project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities, including skillful negotiation.
- Self-starter with keen problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrated capacity to effectively interact with multiple levels of staff and state regulatory authorities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a team setting.
- Ability to work in globally located team situations
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Products, including SharePoint
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. It is the practice of the Company to recruit, hire and promote without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, pregnancy, sexual orientations, marital status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Decisions on employment are solely based on an individual's qualifications for the position being filled.
During the recruitment process, reasonable accommodations for disabilities are available upon request. If contacted for an interview, please inform the Recruiter/HR Professional of the accommodation needed.