What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Job Description Summary
Leads assigned Corporate Compliance governance and/or policy functions necessary to ensure regulatory compliance, sound compliance risk management and oversight at the bank holding company, corporate and line of business levels.
Essential Job Functions
1. Communicates policy and other assigned compliance requirements at senior levels. Works with Corporate Compliance subject matter experts, legal, finance, treasury and risk department leads, and business unit compliance officers to ensure enterprise alignment to corporate compliance policies and regulatory requirements.
2. Manages corporate and holding company policy and/or governance schedules and complex approval requirements, and controls workflow and deadlines. May direct work of others who produce, contribute, review or approve the results.
3. Plans, manages and conducts projects related to the development and improvement of governance and policy processes and reporting at the corporate and holding company levels. Manages delivery by others, and executes own deliverables for projects in assigned areas.
4. Develops and executes and improves procedures for department workflow
5. Oversees the maintenance of databases and spreadsheets through data entry and file uploads, and performs verifications for completeness and accuracy.
6. Leads participation in regulatory examinations and internal audits for assigned areas
7. Cross-trains and provides backup to critical functions of Corporate Compliance governance and policy teammates.
8. Extracts, filters and aggregates data; may use logical queries and basic programming. Constructs and produces data metrics, statistics and analyses.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
· High School - Required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of training or experience. - Required
· Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. May have practical knowledge of project management, risk management or compliance.
· Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience within a financial institution.
· Experience managing and controlling complex inter-departmental workflow to produce deliverables within required and quality standards.
· Internal audit, risk management capital management process improvement, project management and or/banking background desirable.