How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
As an Advisor II, you will:
• Provide advice with respect to implementation of and compliance with applicable rules and regulations.
• Be able to interpret regulations and apply them to bank functions.
• Review and monitor policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state banking regulations and the corporate compliance program.
• Apply excellent critical thinking skills and a moderate level of independence in a consultative role with a significant degree of business line interaction.
• Assess the internal controls, operations, and administrative functions for efficiency and effectiveness.
• Work semi-independently under the direct supervision of the Senior Compliance Manager.
• Keep abreast of compliance-related rules, regulations and guidance in an effort to assist the Senior Compliance Manager and bank staff. Review and interpretation of new and pending laws and regulations that potentially affect the business’ operations.
• Assist in review and/or implementation of new products, services, and/or software as it relates to Compliance functions.
• Review and evaluate the effectiveness of operating procedures and controls related to compliance objectives.
• Review and monitor policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state banking regulations and compliance program.
• Maintain ongoing relationships with Commerce Bank business lines and support unit partners.
• Demonstrating leadership to, and providing training for, bank staff in compliance-related matters.
• Serve as liaison between the Compliance Department and the assigned business unit(s) on identifying and addressing compliance concerns as changes are made.
• Assist in responding to requests from regulators and/or addressing exceptions from audits, both internal and external.
• Provide advice during the development and installation of solutions to ensure proper implementation of compliance requirements and development of ongoing compliance controls. Provide ongoing support and advice related to compliance with internal procedures and processes with recommendation for corrective measures where applicable.
• Develop and review content for compliance training programs, including advice to business lines on 1st line of defense training opportunities and content development.
• With business line input, prepare comment letters on proposed regulations.
• Assist in the completion of compliance risk assessments.
• Other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am-5:00pm)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
- 6+ years of compliance experience or equivalent technical knowledge
- 4 years of well-rounded and progressive banking experience
- Excellent knowledge of consumer compliance regulations.
- Critical analysis skills sufficient to analyze and communicate complex regulatory concepts.
- Ability to think strategically across multiple lines of business to create practical compliance solutions.
- Sound business and professional judgment.
- Ability to trouble shoot, problem solve, and successfully manage ambiguity.
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills.
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written are necessary.
- Highly organized, ability to work autonomously with moderate supervision, and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent PC skills, including Excel, Word, Power Point and experience with industry-related systems/software.
- Prefer candidates with additional certifications such as CPA, Certified Bank Auditor, Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or admission to the Bar.