The Compliance Administrator is responsible for leading the planning, execution and administration of regulatory compliance programs and activities for their assigned business unit at BECU. This person will work closely and partner with BECU’s central Compliance function to lead effective and timely execution of regulatory compliance programs and practices for their assigned business area in support of the Credit Union’s efforts to comply with applicable laws and regulations. The Compliance Administrator will maintain a thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations in order to effectively research, prepare, implement, maintain, develop, and document the organization’s compliance practices for new and existing products, services, and delivery systems.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Research, analyze, and interpret complex laws, regulations, related commentaries, and data in conjunction with the Compliance Officer in the central Compliance function. Compile, analyze, and present compliance research and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Design and develop processes and policies to support business unit compliance programs.
- Have a thorough knowledge of federal and state applicable regulations and statutes, as well as the IRS regulations that apply to the Credit Union.
- Design, develop and implement compliance training materials and programs in partnership with the central Learning and Development team.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures in order to determine compliance requirements.
- Conduct compliance-related research, both proactively for program development and in preparation for and response to regulatory examinations.
- Actively participate in the facilitation of the goals and objectives of the plan.
- Research regulatory issues and respond to compliance questions as well as develop feasible alternatives and recommend courses of action.
- Provide regulatory assessment of compliance issues and concerns and actively work with management and staff to resolve.
- Provide compliance support to management and staff as they consider, plan, revise and implement new products, services, and practices.
- Engage in interactive and ongoing communication with all department employees, as needed, to ensure a high degree of awareness of regulatory compliance requirements.
- Work closely with the BECU Compliance and Learning departments, as well as with their assigned business unit’s management to identify compliance training needs.
- Design and perform quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy in our processes and to ensure adherence to policies
- Lead the analysis of their assigned business unit’s overall regulatory compliance posture and the development of control recommendations.
- Maintain effective communication with all Credit Union employees to ensure coordination and exchange of information for accomplishing Credit Union goals.
- For the purpose of attaining Credit Union goals, it is the responsibility of each employee to strive for the continuous improvement of processes and quality of service.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines and balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work independently and partner effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to provide concise, professional written documentation and recommendations in response to compliance research requests.
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Excellent conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to ensure compliance issues are resolved effectively.
- Proficient PC skills (Microsoft Office), with the ability to learn new software and to summarize and present data in an effective manner. Ability to use the Internet for research.
- Ability to identify regulatory requirements and guidelines applicable to new and revised products, services and practices.
- Ability to present a professional image to management, co-workers, members, and outside contacts.
- Effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand BECU’s annual operating and business plan and translate into regulatory compliance.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work or education-related experiencerequired.
- Minimum five years of experience in financial institution compliance administration (applicable to the business of their assigned business unit).
- CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) or NCCO (National Association of National Credit Union Certified Compliance Officer) designation preferred.
- Experience in project implementation preferred.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.