The Rockwell Automation Industry Marketing Team is looking for a Competitive Intelligence Program Manager. This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the Competitive Commercial Intelligence program as part of a new Customer Insights team.
With a focus on understanding the competitive landscape across our core industries, this person will define and execute programs to improve industry strategies and sales effectiveness. The role encompasses both working with internal and external resources, as well as conducting research and creating compelling sales tools. This person needs to be a self-starter, strong collaborator and thrive in a global, matrixed organization while having a proven track record of building Competitive Intelligence programs and systems.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand core industry competitors, watch for new entries to the markets, and monitor engagement in the market and with our target customers.
- Develop multi-channel approaches for collecting data. Leverage internal and external resources and technology as well as building network of sources of competitive intelligence including clients, partners, vendors, industry experts.
- Develop extensive knowledge of the competition and commercial landscape. Identify and analyze commercial competitive moves (strategies, messages, announcements, M&A, partnerships, customers, portfolio positioning, innovations, as appropriate commercial terms, etc.).
- Create an extended intelligence community along with a cadence for engaging this community to help increase the visibility and insight across all regions and share best practices. Collaborate with other Market Intelligence and Voice of Customer efforts within Rockwell Automation to help connect insight, teams and systems.
- Summarize and analyze research to create competitive strategies and tools (overviews, battle cards, analyses, competitive responses, etc.).
- Prepare and present competitive metrics to key stakeholders including Executives, Industry Leaders, Business Development, Sales & Marketing. Ability to act as an opinion journalist, not just news reporter.
- Maintain a strong point of view on competitive strategy supported by data and analytics; team to ensure competitive messages have maximum impact.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine synergies and leveragable systems to capture & share insights.
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES and ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong research and analytical skills – organized & data driven
- Ability to provide rapid responses/analysis of competitor news
- Understanding of deal dynamics and competitive positioning strategies
- Strategic/creative problem solving mindset – ability to connect strategic need with programmatic approach
- Strong system experience with an interest in continual improvement and new approaches /best practices for gaining insight
- Proven team player capable of prioritizing own work and being customer centric
- Structured, organized individual who is capable of successfully handling multiple tasks and quickly grasp complicated situations
- Innate curiosity with a passion for research and market intelligence
- Ethical approach to Competitive Intelligence
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS in marketing, business or technology fields; MBA desired
- 8+ years of experience in competitive intelligence roles; Experience building competitive intelligence programs and materials that have different level of detail based on the key stakeholders needs
- Experience with industrial / manufacturing products, solutions & services preferred
- Strategic and creative thinker who can translate complex concepts into crisp competitive messages
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, including developing messaging and positioning
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening