Databricks is experiencing tremendous growth, and we are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Engineer to extend our Strategy & Operations team within Field Engineering.
At Databricks, we work on some of the most complex distributed processing systems, and our customers challenge us with exciting new big-data processing requirements. As the complexity grows for both our customers and us, we are looking for a Competitive Intelligence Engineer who can navigate the complexities of the big-data/ML/AI landscape and deliver a world-class competitive intelligence program.
Were seeking a high caliber individual with a strong technical background and prior pre-sales, sales, or other GTM experience to own the technical branch of our competitive intelligence program. The Competitive Intelligence Engineer will research and triangulate multiple sources of information to synthesize a perspective on cloud data platforms and advancements in data science/ML/AI technology to provide internal intelligence to drive our competitive technical motion within Databricks field. This position will partner closely with Field Engineering, Sales, & Customer Success Leadership, Technical Enablement, Product Marketing, and other internal stakeholders to ensure that information about our competitive landscape is distributed and adequately leveraged by the field.
- Leverage conferences, public information, and customer engagements to identify current & emerging competitive threats at a technical level
- Synthesize technical information to build a so what value proposition and identify novel methods for approaching competitive situations
- Lead working groups organized to conduct competitive research and deliver enablement assets
- Conduct hands-on product evaluations to assess strengths and weaknesses of vaiour products across common enterprise features
- Provide conclusions, implications, and recommendations to our leadership teams
- Develop training and competitive collateral for audiences of varying technical backgrounds
- Leverage internal/external data sources and other insights to prioritize aspects of our technical competitive intelligence program.
- Support product marketing with messaging, competitive threats and product launch strategies derived from your competitive analysis
- Work with GTM teams to formulate technical competitive sales strategies, product demonstrations, collateral, and tools to improve sales effectiveness.
- Work alongside sales, field engineering, and customer success team to help close opportunities
- An ability to clearly express technical concepts, including presenting and whiteboarding, with customers, team leaders, and senior executives across our organization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; articulate and professional.
- Customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture, or consulting experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of data science and distributed data systems architecture preferred.
- Knowledge of Apache Spark or other distributed big data systems preferred.
- Familiarity with open source and/or cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP) preferred.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience in software and/or a technologically relevant field
- Open to travel up to 25% per month
- Medical, dental, vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Catered lunch (every day), snacks, and drinks
- Gym reimbursement
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans