The manager of Competitive Intelligence will be the driving force to deliver insightful, actionable, and timely competitive intelligence to drive profitable growth and enhance corporate business strategy.
This position represents a key role within Mitel and will identify the differentiation of Mitel’s Services offerings as compared to our competitors, provide competitive intelligence to key stakeholders, as well as influence the direction of our services offerings.
Candidates will be able to easily transition between understanding competitors financial position and their product and channel strategies to build long term vision of their likely moves enabling Mitel to develop compelling and differentiated offers, and ultimately winning.
- Provide insights on competitor strategies, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats and long range strategic plans
- Develop predictive models on the evolution of the market and industry, providing recommendations on Mitel’s approach based on the markets and competitions likely strategic moves
- Leverage industry knowledge, competitive benchmarking, analyst data and internal company intelligence to build and maintain forecast model
- Work with key stakeholders to collect, analyze, and updatereports, dashboards, scorecards, and analysis
- Prepare industry, market and competitive intelligence assessments, with business implications and actionable recommendations
- Develop and align the organization around an integrated and continually updated Competitive Intelligence System
- Become a trusted advisor on market and share implications, using data, insights and vision to help business leaders understand and act upon developments in the industry. Educate business partners on tools, processes, policies, and reporting
- Communicate competitive performance metrics to key executive stakeholders throughout the organization
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, collaboration and project management skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with executives and teams across the company
- Extraordinary ability to synthesize the complex, connect the dots across multiple data sources and see the “signal through the noise” in large, myriad quantitative and qualitative data sets and convert these to actionable decisions
- Ability to articulate with strong presentation and PowerPoint skills and to contribute to executive-level discourse; excellent written communication abilities
- “Get it done” mentality - willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced environment
- Internally motivated self-starter who effectively runs multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines at a time
- Ability to foster teamwork and partner to effectively garner consensus, information and support across all levels of the organization
- Willingness to travel, including internationally (less than 20%
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- 5 years of experience in market intelligence,
- strategy consulting, financial planning, quantitative data analysis or similar fields; Strategy consulting experiencepreferred (McKinsey, Bain, BCG etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to influence business decision-making with data in a highly-distributed environment
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- BA/BS in Economics, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields preferred