Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting legal and business research using platforms including: Lexis+, Westlaw Edge, Bloomberg Law, S&P Capital IQ, Pitchbook, Monitor Suite, Lex Machina, Courthouse News, PACER, and other providers
- Preparing research reports on companies, industries, practices, competitors, legal issues, and emerging legal trends to facilitate business development efforts
- Preparing data-driven visuals and briefings - familiarity with Tableau or other data visualization experience a plus
- Curating data-driven newsletters involving clients, practices, industries, peers, and emerging trends - familiarity with Newsdesk a plus
- Tracking emerging legal issues and trends by creating and processing alerts to update attorneys on key developments
- Proactively connecting data from the firm's intranet, CRM, and Experience Databases with external market developments to create actionable business opportunities
- Assisting on the firm's Litigation and Trend Spotting initiative to drive business opportunities for attorneys in real-time
- Preparing ROI reports to support CI initiatives
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3-5 years of experience in competitive intelligence, market intelligence, corporate research, or a similar role in a law firm or professional services setting.
- Be able to work independently and balance competing deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Be a highly communicative team player with strong attention to detail
- Have advanced skills in core business software: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Have experience with most of our online research platforms, including: Lexis+. Westlaw Edge, Bloomberg Law, S&P Capital IQ, Pitchbook, Monitor Suite, Lex Machina, Courthouse News, PACER.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher; candidates with either a JD, MBA, or MLS/MLIS are preferred