You will provide the leadership and domain specialization which will develop and implement the Managed Threat Detection strategy including go-to-market approach, support of sales and delivery efforts, and enabling sales results.
This role will be responsible for our Managed Threat Detection offerings including all aspects of incident response, risk prioritization, and mitigating cyber-risks to our clients. You will establish a strong team of incident response analysts to help identify, detect, analyze, contain, eradicate and recover from cyber-attacks.
You should have a deep understanding of security operations, managed security services (MSS), incidents and the process of leading them, the spectrum and state of current malware, intrusion techniques & hacking – from amateur to Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) - and how to conduct successful incident response and digital forensic investigations around them. You should have a demonstrated experience successfully leading a large team, as well as coordinating with incident management counterparts in the Cyber Intelligence and Cyber Threat Detection domains. You should have direct experience and effectiveness communicating across different tiers… from technologists to the ‘C’ suite.
- Build and lead the Managed Threat Detection global (24x7) incident response function offering
- Assist in the build out and staffing of the new Security Operation Center
- Experience with local and multiple country regulations governing incident response processing and handling of sensitive data
- Lead the Managed Threat Detection team according to best practices, maintaining a standard of the highest quality & confidentiality
- Mentor other managers, engineers & investigators in incident response and digital forensic investigation handling and collection
- Lead the coordination of critical, sensitive investigations, assessments & audits spanning multiple geographies
- Create and maintain standard methodologies and policy for incident response management
- Provide best-in-class monitoring, response, and reporting for clients
- Build efficiencies in incident tracking and handling via automation
- Deepen our understanding of the market and supporting strategy development
- Be accountable for the Managed Threat Detection portfoliocategory, leading the creation of new services, or modernization of existing services.
- Develop external messaging for services across key industries, and support Inbound and Outbound marketing activities
- Create sales enablement tools and engage the sales teams. Maintain 3-5 strategic customer relationships, as well as a list of reference-able customers by vertical.
- Be accountable for achieving sales pipeline, order entry, and gross margin targets
- Develop delivery enablement tools and engage the delivery teams, assuring quality of service delivery and organizational capability and capacity against market demand
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and group facilitation skills, specifically in large or complex problem settings
- 12+ years of experience in the security operations and incident response domain
- 5+ years of experience leading a high performing incident response or security operations team
- Demonstrated ability to attract and develop cybersecurity talent
- Industry or sector leadership in designing and improving the field of cyber intelligence
- Awareness of industry trends and developments
- Hands-on experienceresponding to advanced and persistent cyber-attacks (APT) in a global network setting
- Change agent with ability to drive accountability & outcomes across a diverse threatlandscape
- Strong business acumen & successful track record in aligning with customers
- A strong cross-functional team player with ability to lead and coach others in a matrix structure, across time zone and national boundaries
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science