MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
MAXIMUS Federal Services (MFS) is seeking a Sr. Specialist to join its Human Capital team. The Sr. Specialist will support the Federal Human Capital PMO (Project Management Office) by performing a wide variety of Human Capital functions to support special projects and key initiatives. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and willing to take on new challenges in this rapidly-growing company segment.
- Analyze Human Capital policies and processes, including reviewing, creating, documenting, maintaining, and improving policies and procedures
- Ensure the integrity of employee data, including performance of regular audits and documentation of appropriate quality control measures
- Create and manage project plans for key initiatives
- Provide metrics that enable more effective management of Human Capital activities, analyze data for trends and prepare reports
- Provide analysis and recommendations in response to requests for new positions, new hires, and/or retention situations
- Assist employees with inquiries regarding duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
- Work with management and Corporate resources to develop, maintain and modify compliant job descriptions
- Perform a wide range of functions associated with recruitment, onboarding, performance management and separations in accordance with company policies
- Create and distribute Human Capital communications
- Support business development teams in identifying labor resources and providing market or internal salary data
- Perform site visits for project start-ups to assist with Human Capital functions
- Maintain current knowledge of employment and labor laws, including, but not limited to, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and Service Contract Act (SCA)
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, preferably in the field of Human Resources or Business
- At least five (5) years of related work experiencerequired
- Intermediate-level proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project required
- Experience managing Human Capital project plans required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Knowledge of Human Capital procedures, including recruitment, selection, compensation, training, employee relations and compliance
- Experience with Service Contract Act (SCA) populations highly preferred
- Experience working with Federal business development and proposal teams preferred
- PHR or CCP certification preferred
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to consistently follow up on tasks
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Work is performed in a general office environment
- Ability to lift or transport items weighing up to 10 lbs.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.Apply for this job onlineRefer this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started. Interested in this opportunity?
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: