What you'll do
The Compensation Partner will make big contributions to the development and administration of AppFolio's Rewards programs. Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards, this position will design and administer compensation program. This role also contributes to the development of our evolving Total Rewards strategy.
- Lead the implementation and administration of our compensation programs / processes, including: annually analyzing our ranges to keep us competitive, and managing job evaluations and reporting.
- Working hand in hand with our HRBP and Talent Acquisition teams, act as a valued and trusted partner in providing market analysis, information and pay recommendations consistent with our practices and compensation frameworks.
- Act as the primary contact to our Finance and Accounting teams. Partner to continuously improve our processes, programs and systems and tackle cross-functional issues as they arise. Provide input to the budgeting process.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and communication of other Total Rewards programs. Assist with the development of benefits and systems strategies, including roadmaps to get us there.
- Contribute to developing and improving metrics. Dig into trends and tell stories that lead to actionable insights. Develop ad hoc reporting as requested.
- Do the heavy lifting for the compensation surveys we participate in. Analyze results of the surveys and develop specific recommendations.
- Be the "go to" person and escalation point for our Total Rewards Specialist, in order to contribute to their professional growth and development.
- Act as a point of contact for vendors and service providers. Manage relationships as needed.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of our Request For Proposals (RFP) to scan the market, inform decisions and ensure all our needs are met.
What we're looking for
- Deep experience with annual compensation cycles, providing expert guidance on the design, development and administration of programs, communications, tools/systems to support them and measuring their effectiveness.
- Experience working within a generalist / specialist or center of excellence (COE) environment, including delivering products and support to HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition.
- Advanced proficiency in compensation regulations, market trends, and program design, as well as legislation that may affect policies/practices, including FLSA and other applicable Department of Labor (DOL) and/or tax laws and regulations. Experience with SOX is a plus.
- Project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate in a fast-paced & performance-oriented environment, and a proven track record leading successful compensation and benefits initiatives and projects.
- Understanding of the Finance & Accounting functions, and have worked to develop budget projections/inputs.
- Advanced Excel user and proficiency in using the GSuite and MS suite of products, such as Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, tact and poise in handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage a wide variety of projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including creating company-wide comms and presentations.
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning required.
- 8+ years progressive experience working in corporate HR compensation. Experience with sales incentive compensation and plans a plus. Tech industry and/or international experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Human Resource Information Systems, including job and compensation functions. Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) is a plus. Working knowledge of Payroll and/or Finance systems desired.
- Bachelor's degree required. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred.