The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 7,000 in North America, Europe, Africa, Asia and Australia. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
Oversees the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company compensation programs. Prepares job descriptions, conducts job evaluation and salary surveys, establishes salary structures, develops salary budgets, and prepares policies and procedures to insure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation. Also responsible for incentive, stock and bonus plan design and administration. Maintains a working knowledge of regional, federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits. Ensures programs are current with regard to trends, practices and costs. Coordinates vendor management and negotiates services and manages costs. May have a role in the selection, administration and maintenance of performance management systems and HRIS management as it relates to compensation programs. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Leads the strategic development, design, implementation, communication, maintenance and compliance of compensation programs to align with the company’s Total Rewards philosophy and business objectives.
- Develops and delivers compensation programs that meet and anticipate the internal needs of the organization while monitoring external trends in the marketplace.
- Consults with business leaders on compensation decisions and strategy
- Responds to compensation-related questions from managers, HR business partners and recruiters
- Responsible to manage and communicate all compensation programs, including the development/maintenance of base salary ranges and other compensation practices for the company’s various business units.
- Analyzes jobs, salaries, and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competitiveness, and legal compliance of pay practices.
- Recommends and monitors compensation policies and guidelines that ensure alignment with total rewards philosophy, company objectives and legal compliance. Analyze the effectiveness of compensation policies, guidelines, and procedures recommending plan revisions.
- Conducts proactive competitive analysis and recommends program enhancements as necessary in line with job architecture and market trends.
- Plans, develops and/or participates in area and industry compensation surveys or special compensation studies, including market-based pricing, to ensure the company’s competitive position within the marketplace. Review and analyze findings, assess unique company needs and develop specific recommendations to management with respect to the compensation structure.
- Leads the job evaluation process and maintenance of consistent and accurate job descriptions across the organization. Analyze the effectiveness of job architecture and recommends ongoing maintenance to ensure data integrity.
- Monitors federal, state, and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure company compliance.
- Establishes, builds and maintains strong relationships with leaders and managers across the organization to ensure our compensation structure supports our strategic objectives, is competitive, valued, efficient, and aligned with overall total rewards philosophy.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Finance, or related field or equivalent, combined experience
- MBA or Master’s in Human Resources preferred
- 12 years’ designing, managing, and administering various compensation programs
- 3 years’ experience leading a compensation function in reward strategies, including base pay architecture, incentive plan design and administration, and differentiated reward programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation practices & equity packages with an ability to provide guidance to leaders and employees through a consultative approach
- Experience with compensation market analysis and benchmarking tools
- Experience presenting to leadership in the company
- Experience working with HR business partners and serving clients
- Experience with analytics, Excel, PowerPoint and HR Systems
- Experience in one or more of the following compensation disciplines: salary and incentive plan design and administration, sales compensation, international compensation, equity compensation, executive pay
- Experience working in performance-focused environments and administering programs
- Experience administering HR programs
- Experience with global HR system
- Knowledge and experience in HR strategies and practices
- Experience working across disciplines in HR
- Experience with employment law and practices