We work hard to build the technology that connects thousands of today's libraries. But we also work hard to make a job at OCLC a meaningful part of a balanced life- not a substitute for one.
The Job Details are as follows:
Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
Technology with a Purpose. OCLC supports thousands of libraries in making information more accessible and more useful to people around the world. OCLC provides shared technology services, original research and community programs that help libraries meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions and communities. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
The Compensation Manager will be responsible for the design, development, evaluation, implementation and administration of all compensation and reward programs. Through effective partnership with human resource business partners, this position will deliver compensation consultation and administration to leaders across the organization, aligning with compensation budgets, supporting the strategic goals of the organization, and ensuring that OCLC’s compensation programs are structured to attract, retain and reward key talent.
- Lead the planning, budgeting and implementation of all compensation programs including base pay, variable pay, and other monetary-based reward programs
- Partner with HR leaders to consult on their respective organizational structures/restructures
- Conduct on-going market evaluations on all levels within the organization; providing compensation recommendations based upon internal equity and external market competitive data
- Provide guidance to Talent Acquisition team on appropriate levels of pay for new hires and internal job changes, serving as a resource in the recruitment and retention of staff
- Participate in select compensation surveys and analyze market data to determine external competitiveness of pay ranges and pay practices
- Own the classification and management of pay grade levels based on market data and internal equity
- Assess business needs and make recommendations on reward and recognition programs
- Lead the compensation function in Workday HRIS platform, including processing, auditing, approving and overall administration of compensation-related actions
- Create and update job profiles and maintain job descriptions in Workday system
- Ensure compliance with FLSA, Equal Pay Act and other state and federal laws related to compensation
- Support the global compensation needs by providing guidance and infrastructures to global HR partners in other regions
- Develop and implement communications, training and timelines for compensation programs and processes
- Provide partnership and support for administration of Executive Compensation initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field of study
- Attainment of, or progression towards, a Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or Compensation Management Specialist (CMS) designation
- Seven or more years’ experience in Human Resources, with five or more years’ progressive experience in Compensation
- Ability to successfully establish effective interpersonal relationships with a variety of management and staff and work independently toward project deliverables.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and communication skills
- Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office suite of products, with especially strong proficiency in Excel, with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks against tight deadlines, maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
Desirable but not required: Provide additional characteristics that are desirable for this position but not required.
- Global compensation experience
- Prior experience with compensation programs in a tax-exempt environment