- This position is responsible for leading the Compensation programs for client groups including the introduction of new NiM Programs (Salary Revision, Recognition, Merit and Incentive Administration, NesCOMP training) to ensure compensation is linked to the overall Division/Operating Companies business strategies and requirements, and ensures the company’s pay philosophy remains focused on attracting, rewarding, and retaining top talent.
- This role will be the primary strategic role interfacing with Division/Operating Company Senior Management in the decision-making processes for Executive Compensation decisions.
- This role acts as primary liaison between Director of Compensation and the HRBPs for supported Divisions/Operating Companies by training managers and HRBPs on how compensation is used during a hiring process, equity process, promotional process, and to retain High Potentials.
- Lead the design of special or local incentive programs for Divisions/Operating companies, i.e., Sales Incentive, Retention Incentive, and administers and maintains such incentive programs and plans.
- Collaborates with the Director of Compensation on large projects such as the Nestle Salary Increase Request to the Zone and Nestle Short Term Bonus design ensuring all Divisions/Operating Companies are apprised of information on a timely basis to evaluate, communicate, and administer the changes.
1. Develop strong partnerships with client group HP Business Partners and Talent Acquisition to identify and quickly respond to and resolve key compensation issues.
2. Facilitate positive and proactive communications and training in consideration of client needs in order to achieve mutually effective outcomes in support of business objectives.
3. Provide insight and identify opportunities to maximize systems and improve processes and workflows within Compensation and HP by measuring effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures and reviewing alignment with Global initiatives.
4. Manage the Short Term Bonus, Salary Increase, and Equityprocesses for the Division/OPCO to ensure overall increase are in-line with the Management teams overall budget.
5. Provide subject matter expertise in the job evaluation process of the Management Grading Structure evaluations with the HRBP and management team to capture changes and ensure they are aligned with US and Global valuations.
6. Lead innovation in design of incentives (including field bonus or commission plans) balancing competitive perspective with company's philosophy and values that drive desired behaviors. This may require developing metrics to assess plan effectiveness and present to leadership for recommended changes.
7. Recommend improvements to employee training and communication for Recognition, Bonus/Incentives, Compensation Administration (hiring, equity, promotion) based on research of current training needs and business strategies.
8. Participation in assigned salary surveys. Review surveys for new business lines (ie. Pharma, Life Science, Retail, DSD…) and recommend them to be added to the annual survey processes.
9. Source Ad-hoc survey options using approved vendors for data needs not met by National survey providers.
10. Develop overall compensation metrics to measure the compensation effectiveness within Nestlé USA.
11. Keeps apprised of Federal, State and local compensation laws and regulations in order to ensure compliance
12. Responds to issues given from Business Leaders to ensure communication back to employee with dispute resolution.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work independently, with the ability to influence while working with some degree of ambiguity.
SUPERVISION GIVEN: Will drive initiatives that are Nestle USA wide and participate in US Initiatives requiring guidance to other compensation and HRBPs.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. Professional certification or MS/MBA equivalent in related field is preferred.
Minimum of seven (7) years of Compensation expertise within a company of similar or larger size.
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively address all levels within the organization
• Ability to deal with complex data in a demanding, fast paced work environment, focusing on the detail and accuracy of analysis and well as the ability to see the bigger picture.
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, competitive compensation strategies and practices including job evaluation, bonus plan design, market analysis and determination of salary grades/bands/classifications.
• Ability to build, sustain and influence relationships at all levels and develop networks, as appropriate.
• Ability to optimize/ build efficiencies, simplify and streamline processes and communications.
• Ability to persuade and influence diverse audiences and manage through controversy and adversity with tact and political acumen.
• Strong project management skills
• Manage execution, provide direction, and champion change.
• Ability to focus on customer needs with a commitment to quality and customer service.
• Effectively handles pressures and demands from multiple customers and competing priorities
• Results oriented, team building and development
• Ability to react quickly to customer needs and deliver results in a fast paced, dynamic environment
• Ability to analyze HR industry trends and developments
Job Number 18004614