Working with client aligned Human Resources and business line management, the Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function across a broad range of compensation issues covering the US and Latin America, and to support day to day benefits activities in the US.
- The Compensation Manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions, that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives.
- Through effective partnerships, provides consultation and advice to HR and line management on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Undertakes job studies and market pricing and providing guidance on a variety of total compensation issues including the setting of appropriate pay levels, base pay and annual variable pay, aligned with Total Rewards global philosophy and principles.
- Effectively manages the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and nonexempt salary surveys, and provides analysis of market data results to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Develops techniques for analyzing, compiling, preparing and presenting data.
- Develops and documents procedures to streamline processes while keeping apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Collaborates with the global team on a variety of projects, including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of programs.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to educate managers and employees with compensation related issues
- As needed, aids the US Benefits Director on various employee benefits plans, ensuring company's competitive position with employee benefits.
- Involvement in the administration, maintenance, and operationalization of specific compensation and benefits processes. Work to gain alignment with different constituencies and represent a common point of view across multiple stakeholders.
- Support the Global Performance Management cycle and associated processes.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience with analysis, design, and administration of compensation and benefits programs
- Sound knowledge of core compensation and benefits and best practices
- Solution oriented, ability to perform multitude of data analysis requests (and knowledge of supporting systems)
- Strong interpersonal skills in partnering with Human Resources and line management
- Strong communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Solid analytical skills, critical evaluation, and the ability to seek out and research information in providing an appropriate and accurate output
- Experience managing global projects or processes
- Proficient in Excel, SAP knowledge desirable
- Proven experience in benefits administration
- Proactive, forward looking approach to work
- Process focused
- Team player, willingness to lead projects and teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience