This role is directly responsible for running the compensation function at the enterprise level. This includes developing, implementing, improving and evaluating all compensation programs for the enterprise. Leads a compensation team in the areas of market pay reviews, short & long term incentives, executive compensation and sales compensation.
- Directly manage multiple compensation professionals. Enable them to grow in their skill sets and be successful. Build a fully functioning high performing team. Complete the new hire on-boarding process, coaching conversations, performance management, and termination processes.
- Complete all annual salary planning components for the enterprise. This includes but is not limited to merit modeling, salary structure review, benchmarking and market comparisons. Work with the compensation team to participate in, submit, analyze and receive multiple salary surveys.
- Work to continuously improve compensation processes aligning with best practices. This includes operational efficiency gains in software, processes and data outputs. Review the marketplace for best practices and implement them within the Company as appropriate.
- Serve as a compensation consultant to multiple business lines. Consult on job evaluations and market pricings. Serve as a resource for questions. Learn and understand the business so that high level results can be achieved.
- Respond to and complete multiple executive compensation requests. This includes executive tally sheets, termination scenarios, and future share ownership modeling for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors. Complete executive pay tables and footnotes for the annual proxy statement. Market price and review all executive level positions for pay recommendations annually.
- Administer the companies deferred compensation plans. This includes both the non-qualified retirement plan and bonus deferral into stock. Run the enrollment process and disseminate the results to all applicable parties including payroll and finance.
- Run, drive, and deliver the sales incentive compensation planning process for the enterprise. This includes project managing over one hundred plan documents to completion, setting meeting agendas and times, plan tracking, consultation, modeling, obtaining required approvals and plan acknowledgments.
- Contribute to the long-term incentive process. Build initial participant listings. Assist in tracking changes and progress of the list and make sure it is fully communicated through to all relevant partners. Work on written communication materials and recommend updates to any documentation.
- Manage the enterprise wide annual bonus payout process. This includes aligning with finance, understanding who the eligible participants are, and ensuring calculations are done correctly. Account for both the USA and Canadian payroll and tax systems. Ensure proper deferred compensation elections are accounted for.
- Both lead and participate in Merger and Acquisitions from a compensation point of view. This includes management approvals, FLSA reviews, pay practice alignments, placing employees into proper job codes within the HRIS system and helping to create and shape communications.
- 10+ years Experience in Compensation and HR
- 8+ years Experience in the following: Sales Incentive Compensation Design, Executive Compensation Design, Merger & Acquisitions, Deferred Compensation Plans, Incentive Plans
- Must have experience in developing and leading a team of Compensation professionals
- Exceptional business partnership skills to work with other HR COE's and Business Line Executives
- Strong executive presence
Drug screen and background check required.
Deluxe Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, sex, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or presentation, pregnancy, genetics, veteran status or any other status protected by state or federal law.
Req ID#: 11980BR