$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
For more than 75 years, NBBJ has been guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world's most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world's leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
NBBJ is seeking a Compensation and Benefits Manager to join our Global Human Resources team. This position will manage the overall administration and communication of the employee benefit and compensation program. The candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity to ensure proactive total rewards in a competitive recruitment and retention environment.
Your New Role:
• Proactively monitor benefit and compensation trends and best practices, evaluates plan designs, advise and make recommendations to Firm Leadership Team.
• Oversee and administer global employee benefits for a professional services firm with offices in US, UK, China and Hong Kong.
• Prepare materials and conduct presentations regarding benefit changes, open enrollment, and new employee orientations.
• Participates in the negotiation and contracting with benefit plan providers, vendors, auditors and consultants for services, premiums and plan administration.
• Serve as day-to-day contact for benefit plan providers to inquire and resolve benefits enrollment and eligibility issues.
• Processes monthly billings from insurance providers. Identifies, manages and resolves errors resulting from benefit administration system and enrollment processes.
• Ensure compliance with all federal programs such as HIPAA, COBRA, Health Care Reform, etc.
• Proactively identifies process improvements and work with appropriate persons to modify procedures as needed.
• Collaborates with IT colleagues on special projects related to benefits and business reports.
• Oversee U.S. retirement plan administration including compliance activities, participant communication, due diligence, and fund monitoring.
• Manage and administer wide range of company-provided insured & voluntary benefits such as life, disability, LOA, AD&D, long-term care, and other programs.
• Recommend compensation approaches and strategies to remain competitive in marketplace and industry.
• Analyze internal and external compensation data including geographic issues and ensure pay equity.
• Participate in internal pay equity reviews, and analyze market data and industry benchmarking
What You Will Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business or a related field. Professional certification preferred.
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of related work experience.
• Experience in compensation surveys and analysis
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact effectively with employees and Firm Leadership.
• Knowledge of FMLA, HIPAA, COBRA and other federal, state and local regulations
• Experience establishing creative and forward-thinking employee benefits strategies, and presenting business cases with cost detailing.
• Strong analytical, attention to detail, time management skills and excellent judgment needed. Professionalism, tact, flexibility, and diplomacy are essential.
Valid Through: 2019-11-5