Summary of Position: This is a perfect opportunity for an individual who is passionate about creating and building a holistic total rewards infrastructure to unleash the potential of our people, appreciating and motivating them in line with company guiding principles. You will drive organizational effectiveness through the successful design, implementation and management of multiple Total Rewards programs including compensation and benefit programs.
Position responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Builds and provides a consultative and collaborative relationship with executives, business partners, recruiters, managers, and cross-functional teams companywide to deliver total rewards programs and processes that are aligned with Borrego’s GW Revolution vision
- Designs, manages, implements, and analyzes overall compensation and incentive programs
- Evaluates alternative compensation approaches to drive better results and have more meaningful impact
- Manages, validates, and maintains a compensation philosophy and structure that is market competitive and reflecting of Borrego’s core values
- Designs and implements effective job analysis (leveling), conducts internal analysis on the effectiveness and fairness of existing practices and educates both business partners and business leaders on the program
- Manages and oversee the administration of the annual compensation increase processes/plans
- Ensures all compensation programs are compliant with regulations and laws, consults with legal staff as needed.
- Build strategies and support performance management programs
- Serves as a benefits subject matter expert to all internal stakeholders including, but not limited to, Borrego’s executive leadership and cross-functional teams companywide
- Proposes ongoing improvements to total rewards programs and incentives that align with Borrego’s GW Revolution vision and people-first approach
- Designs, implements, and audits health and welfare benefit plans and programs; balances the cost vs. employee implications and considers viable alternatives.
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to the Benefits Coordinator
- Develops and executes a companywide benefits communication strategy
- Measures the effectiveness of benefits plans and surveys the market for benefits competitiveness
- Manages brokers and carriers accordingly for competitiveness and service quality
- Conducts quarterly reviews and/or annual audits of all compensation and benefit plans and programs to ensure appropriate compliance and budget targets
- Oversees the open enrollment process, wellness programs, and other such activities, and coordinates benefits activities companywide
- Manages the preparation of information for ensuring compliance including annual 401(k) plan, 5500s, SPDs, FLSA, ADA, ERISA, ACA, FMLA, HR audits, etc.
- Consults legal staff to ensure compliance with regulations and laws
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field
- At least 10 years of progressive HR experience with 5+ years of experience in a compensation and benefits management role
- A strategic mindset coupled with the ability to deliver programs and services that meet the needs of a diverse group of professionals
- A track record of executive-level engagement; confidence and comfort in advising senior leadership on market trends, Total Rewards program enhancements, and decision-making on compensation and benefit matters
- Ability to use data analytics to align total reward strategies to organizational goals, understand business problems and generate solutions
- A collaborative, consultative, and thoughtful approach to decision-making, change management, and project management
- Experience managing staff and leading teams through both influence and authority
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to build trust, rapport, and relationships at all levels of an organization
- HR certification such as PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, etc. preferred
- Experience with HRIS software and data analytics
- Expert knowledge and use of Excel and/or Google docs
- Experience managing a self-insured benefit program
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast paced and growing environment
- High attention to detail, customer service oriented, and driven by deadlines.