Responsible for analyzing, developing and administering the organization's compensation programs including, but not limited to, executive compensation, sales compensation, short and long-term incentive programs, job evaluations, salary administration, deferred compensation, 401K and compensation technology tools.
This is a full-time, exempt position working Monday through Friday with core hours from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The position will report to our Director of Human Resources.
- Analyze current compensation programs and practices and make on-going recommendations for process improvements. Evaluate programs and reviews trends, changes in legislation/regulation, and/or advancements in technology to make recommendations for changes and improvements.
- Partner with stakeholders to implement innovative, creative, and proactive compensation solutions, including developing and administering short and/or long-term incentive programs that are consistent with the organization's overall strategies
- Assist in developing and administering ongoing merit and pay-for-performance programs, including setting merit guidelines and bonus criteria.
- Partner with Sales and Finance leadership in the development and/or re-design of commission plans.
- Perform compensation data analysis, metrics, and reporting for leadership understanding and use.
- Conduct salary surveys, analyze survey results, and recommend rate adjustments as a result of market/geographic analysis to maintain or improve compensation program objectives, while providing leadership and support for the development of other compensation professionals with regard to survey input and/or analysis.
- Collaborate with recruiting in the analysis and review of job classification and reclassification requests; quality controls the job classification process for both existing positions and newly created positions, performing job audits as appropriate.
- Guide and review the development and writing of job descriptions to accurately describe job content.
- Perform job analysis and audit position evaluations to ensure compliance with employment laws.
- Administer and evaluate the Deferred Compensation and 401K programs.
- Provides training and instruction to Human Resources generalists as appropriate in the day-today application of compensation programs, policies, and procedures.
- Operate within TASC's guidelines pursuant to the Employee Handbook and all Policies and Procedures.
- Perform additional duties as requested by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people at all levels of the organization, including senior leaders.
- Trustworthy resource to all levels management while holding high confidentiality about people, data, etc.
- Strategic thinker – Ability to use critical thinking skills to strategically align with corporate objectives.
- Strong knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment and in adversity.
- Ability to meet or exceed agreed upon deadlines.
- Organization Sensitivity showing awareness of the consequences of one's choices, decisions, and actions for parts or the entire organization.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other related discipline preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a Human Resources Department specific to compensation management or related capacity.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively participating in the design and implementation of new compensation programs.
- Experience building and managing Sales workforce compensation programs highly preferred
Corporate Core Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Initiative - Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - Can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles
- Customer Focus - Meets internal and external customer expectations; delivers upon commitments; build customer confidence; follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Ethics/Integrity - Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; adheres to appropriate core values at all times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches