Independently design, implement and administer strategically focused compensation programs for all areas within the company. Function as the subject matter expert for all aspects of base pay, variable compensation, and some areas of Executive Compensation. Ensure that consistent, equitable and competitive salary treatment of employees is maintained, and serves as a consultant to management on broad based compensation policies and procedures. Partner withHR Generalists and BU management to determine appropriate course of action regarding employee pay. Conduct, participate in, and analyze salary surveys, summarizes results, presents findings and prepares recommendations. Recommend and implement improvements to the annual compensation program and may serve as project lead on major compensation programs. Assist managers, associates and Human Resources Generalists in organizational design of job families and roles
The Compensation Analyst will use salary surveys and other resources to compile bench-marking information, generate reports, supporting materials and compensation summaries for management and the Resources Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Assist managers, associates and Human Resources Generalists with the design and make up of job families and positions within the organization. Review job descriptions and related documentation as needed. Coordinate periodic job documentation audits with management and HR Generalists to ensure job documentation is up to date.
- Evaluate jobs utilizing analysis of market data and internal comparisons and prepares salary grade recommendations. Maintains database of survey results and generates ad hoc reports.
- Review proposed job titles and recommends alternative titles when appropriate. Assists in coordinating job title consistency throughout the organization where appropriate.
- Review pay for internal equity issues and makes salary-planning recommendations to BU when appropriate. Consults with BU and HR generalists and makes alternative recommendations as needed.
- Assist in maintaining the compensation related tables in PeopleSoft such as job code table, salary grade table, eligibility, etc. Review all job code requests and approve the creation of codes. Provide job code details to IT for creation in PeopleSoft. Conduct audits to determine which job codes can be activated and/or inactivated.
- Participate in compensation surveys. Function as the key survey contact for assigned surveys.
- Provide expertise on wage & hour employment laws and regulations such as FLSA, minimum wage, overtime, Equal Pay Act and ADA. Facilitates adherence to federal, state, and local legal requirements by providing counsel to management. Identifies areas of noncompliance and works with management to take corrective action.
- Function as the primary enterprise resource for the annual salary administration process. Develop process documentation, instructions and resource to the HR community. Recommend automation enhancements to facilitate the continued improvement to the process.
- Make recommendations regarding alternative compensation approaches when business operations and strategy indicate requirements that diverge from standard company-wide programs.
- Administer frozen legacy executive compensation programs
- Manage the long term incentive award process to include modeling grants, distribution of award agreements, loading of data into system, etc.
- Assist with variable compensation plans. Determine competitive compensation levels and assist in design, development, implementation and administration of incentive compensation programs.
- Consult on creation of new organizations and reorganizations, including pay, job duties, job evaluation, titles, job alignment and organization fit. Make recommendations on alternative job compositions when appropriate.
- Manage special projects and/or studies on a variety of compensation projects, programs and policies and related matters.
- May assist in design, implementation or administration of performance management systems.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelordegree in business, finance, HR or other field related to functional work or role with 5-7years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions. Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand; must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Must be well versed in compensation theory/practice, and in local, state and federal laws and regulations such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, minimum wage, overtime and record keeping requirements.
- Certification is highly desirable - Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Advanced Excel skills are a must
- Must be organized with an ability to manage workload efficiently to fulfill commitments in a timely manner.
- Must be able to handle pressure and multi task in a fast paced environment driven by deadlines.