The Compensation Analyst assists in the development, implementation, and administration of compensation and performance appraisal programs for the Medical Group and RWJBarnabas Health. The Analyst prepares, analyzes, and evaluates job descriptions; conducts salary reviews; prepares recommendations; and participates in compensation surveys. They ensure RWJBH and the Medical Group remain competitive in the marketplace and in compliance with all applicable policies, laws and regulations.
- Assist in the design, implementation, communication, and administration of compensation and performance programs in alignment with human resources management. Assists with the performance appraisal and goal setting process, bonus analysis and processing (Executive and MICP payments), and the administration of annual increases.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new or revised compensation practices and/or policies. Updates compensation ranges and salary scales. Maintains compensation, job code, and work group lists.
- Participates in salary surveys, analyzes market data with respect to compensation levels for the Medical Group and RWJBH. Prepares annual compensation report for administration.
- Prepares and evaluates job descriptions for regulatory compliance and salary determination.
- Acts as an internal consultant for human resources and management on compensation plans and issues. Prepares and participates in salary reviews. Recommends market or equity adjustments and promotional increases.
- Keeps up-to-date and evaluates regulatory and legal issues impacting compensation, Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity, and human resources management.
- Provides administrative and technical support to the areas of recruitment, benefits, education and organizational development. Completes queries and reports as required utilizing systems including but not limited to: Performance Plus, E-Time, NetLearning, PeopleSoft and Technomedia.
- May perform other assignments supporting the Medical Group and RWJBH.
- Bachelor s degree in human resources, business, behavioral sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 10 years of experience in human resources, compensation preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of human resources laws, regulations, and compensation best practices.
- Strong process improvement and financial management expertise.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a cross functional team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Experience with HR/payroll system Peoplesoft 9.2 preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel), Visio, Microsoft Project
Travel: The Compensation Analyst's primary work location will sit in Oceanport, NJ. However, the position will require travel to other corporate facility locations within NJ as business needs require.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts