As part of the Compensation team within the People Operations Directorate, the Compensation Analyst is accountable for managing a strong working relationship with our Clients and Strategic People Partners to ensure the development and administration of effective compensation programs in accordance with the organization's total rewards strategy.
Demonstrates behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Objectivity and Integrity and Innovation.
- Serves as the compensation partner for a large client group working along with the Strategic People Partners on all compensation related projects.
- Responsible for the review, evaluation and external market benchmarking for Aerospace jobs from entry level through management. Work includes analyzing job descriptions, evaluating and leveling jobs, FLSA recommendations, market pricing as well as developing hiring ranges and pay recommendations.
- Budget accountabilities include developing models to determine salary and bonus allocations for each division.
- Driving to the automation of tracking, analyzes, and reporting on all budget data.
- Manages the administration of compensation planning processes including annual planning as well as off-cycle planning, salary structure review, developing appropriate processes and workflows, pay equity studies and all related activities.
- Manages the compensation workflow and processes within Workday including ownership of the Job Profile, all integrations with other HR specialty groups including recruiting, performance management and talent management and future enhancements, as needed.
- Contributes to communication materials and training developed for compensation programs including Spot Award re-branding, merit planning training and FAQs, intranet site for Total Rewards.
- Responds to audits, if needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 or more years of relevant compensation and/or HR work experience
- Experience with compensation principles, practices, systems, and methodologies
- Advanced Excel skills and strong analytical skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Strong operational skills: ability to handle multiple projects and priorities; ability to make decisions in a timely manner; project management skills.
- Possess: strong business acumen; current knowledge of HR trends, practices, technology; comfort with ambiguity; ability to connect tactics to broader strategies.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, self-initiate activities, and to work within timelines
- HR certification (PHR, SPHR, CCP)
- Familiarity/experience with competitive pay practices in high tech firms, the space industry and/or FFRDCs
- Experience in Workday and MarketPay systems
- Experience with Excel dashboards and/or Tableau reporting