The Compass Center of Excellence at the Otis Elevator Service Center is seeking a Software Engineer capable of interacting with local offices to analyze Compass security requirements, provide recommendations to local offices & customers; and provide technical support to 3rd party security vendors.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for reviewing and documenting security requirements for Otis’ Compass Destination Entry System.
- Implement Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA) with Security Vendors. Distribute and track Compass security integration documents and simulation tools after NDA signed.
- Support 3rd party security vendors with questions on Compass security integration software development.
- Support simulation and software testing activities with the security vendors prior to deployment in customer buildings.
- Participate in meetings with customer and security installer to review and plan security requirements and options.
- Test security cards for installations using Compass fixtures with integrated readers.
- Work with existing card reader vendor on card reader issues and/or custom software.
- Provide on-site field support to troubleshoot Compass security integrations.
This position has a grade level range of L6 to L5. Actual grade and title are dependent upon the qualifications of the successful candidate.
Education / Certifications:
The successful candidate should have BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering; and/ or, a combination of education and 10 or more year’s relevant experience.
Experience / Qualifications:
We are looking for individuals who possess:
- Experience with TCP/IP, IPv4 networking. Knowledge of IPv6 a plus.
- Understanding of networking abstraction layers. TCP/IP network and OSI models.
- Connection versus connectionless protocols.
- Understanding other IP protocols, UDP, ARP, DHCP, BOOTP, etc.
- LAN, Ethernet standards and limitations
- MAC and IP Addressing, subnet mask, gateways
- Switching and routing, layer 2 and layer 3.
- IP routing, direct versus indirect delivery, routing tables and their contents, static and dynamic routing and routing protocols.
- Routing and Multicast protocols DVMRP, PIM, IGMP, STP, VRRP
- Understanding of Broadcast, Multicast, and directed messaging and protocols.
- Familiarization with packet stiffing programs such as Wireshark and Microsoft Network monitor.
- Understanding of multi-homed PC’s and configuration.
- Exposure to remote software, connections and protocols.
- Familiarization with Microsoft’s .NET software development environment
Job ID 01295887