?Job Title: Commvault Backup Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Cary, NC
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Adhering to SLAs defined by the business/client
- Mentoring team members and training them for newer features/technologies
- Handling Incidents related to backups
- Performing root cause analysis for backup severity one issues
- Planning and Implementing Change Requests
- Troubleshooting technical issues related to backups and handling escalations from the team members
- Ensuring that the processes are adhered to while working on any problem incident/change request
- Responsible for successful completion of Installation and configuration of backup software upgrades/patches etc.
- Responsible for building / maintaining a test environment along with the team
- Improves and maintains customer and employee satisfaction by the way of quality in the day to day tasks
- Planning/Testing new technologies and design changes as and when applicable
- Planning the overall Backup/Restoration Strategy for 24x7 operation support
- Responsible for building and maintaining test environment
- Responsible for strategizing a backup plan and test plan for failure scenario
- Testing/Auditing/Processes as required from time to timE
- Should be leading the overall backup environment
- Implementation and designing of Commvault solution for end-end backup solution for client
- Migration of all the database backups from different circles/location forclien
- Implementation of all SAN based backups on Leading Tape Library
- Performance tuning and optimization for Commvault and storage
- Working closely with Storage team for storage related issues, Technical Consultation.
- Planning Backup Policies and Storage Units, Pools
- Migration from one Backup tool to another tool
- Tape Library Configuration and Administration
- Online Backups for Databases, Mail Servers etc
- Backup Tool Configurations
- Performance Management for Backup/Restore
- Optimising Media Consumption
- Patching on Backup/Restore Tool
- Scripting / Automation of Major/ Complex Tasks
- Recovery of Backup/Restore Servers from failure
- Integrating with other tools: Enterprise Management Systems
- Planning and Implementing Security for Backup & Restore Tools
- Design Reports on backup usage and performance
- Documentation describing hardware setups & diagrams
- Documentation of Operational procedures and processes
- Should be able to mentor L1 and L2 Backup Admins
- Installation, configuration, administration and complete maintenance of Commvault
- Migration of Commvault Commserve/Commcell Servers from one platform to another
- Designing and implementing and new solutions in SSO for better optimization and usage of resources for backup.
- Installation of different tape libraries of different vendors with different media servers, working knowledge of NetApp Filer. NetApp VTL, cloning and export of VTL tapes, PureDisk 6.6
- Responsible for reviewing the complete backup Infra. Plan & advise on new H/W Infra for backup to higher management for New Backup Infra.
- Providing Technical Consultation on NBU features like NDMP and FT client backups, SAN Media Server Backups, along with proper assessment technical documentation.
- Looking into capacity planning and management. Working on escalated issues by Backup Ops.
- SAN and NAS implementation of Netbackup e.g., NetApp, EMC-Clarion/Celera
- SAN related troubleshooting
- IP Network, WAN and LAN free (SAN) based data backup design and configuration (familiarity)
- Should be familiar with ITIL processes.
- Commvault(Expert), Any Dedup Storage(hand on Knowledge), Any other Backup Technology( Desired )