As part of the Spectrum Community Solutions sales team, the SpectrumCommunity Sales Engineer supports pre-sale activities. Evaluates the customers' networking requirements for data, Wi-Fi, and video, and engineers strategic network solutions that cost effectively meets the customers' needs today and in the future.
Prepares and presents technical sales proposals for prospective new and existing customers.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Focus on Fiber and Coax opportunities for Senior Living, Student Housing, Military Housing, Recreation Vehicle Parks and Boat Marina’s and Traditional MDU.
- Communicate with customers directly and through Account Executives to understand prospective customers' current network situations, perform needs analyses, and produce strategic, cost-effective network bids and solutions
- Create and present technical proposals that successfully meet our customers' communications requirements
- Interface with internal teams to help create new processes and drive work orders.
- Engineer and design strategic Wi-Fi, Video and Internet to produce a robust, cost effective strategic networking solution for Spectrum Community Solutions.
- Help the prospect understand and value the benefits of CB products or services. Minimize or alleviate prospects' perceived risks in regard to the buying decision
- Responsible for ROI Models and multi-product bundling through integrated network designs and architecture.
- Collaborate with peer group Engineers as well as cross functional engineering, network operations, field service and technical as needed.
- Be an ongoing resource to existing clients for information, service support or other needs
- Work with other providers of equipment or services, including Charter cable engineering and system engineers, to develop winning solutions to customer's data, and video network requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and emerging technology trends within the telecommunications industry and assist in the training of Major Account Managers and Account Executives on technical issues
- Mentor Sales Engineers, Associates and sales as requested
- Perform other duties as requested
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Deep knowledge of networking technologies required as the basis for making assessments of the future requirements of Charter products and/or the impacts that engineering decisions will have on our customers
- Deep knowledge of LAN/WAN networking and IP address management technology and design
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and straightforward manner
- Ability to prioritize, organize effectively and handle multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to develop clear and concise spreadsheet costing models
- Ability to sell products and services
- Ability to effectively present and explain technical solutions to customers and sales staff
- Knowledge of cable television products and services
- Basic knowledge of RF systems, including wireless data transport technologies, needed to design solutions to meet the requirements of the opportunities they are supporting
- Basic knowledge of the following technologies needed to design solutions to meet the requirements of opportunities the SE are supporting
- Network design principles including VLAN implementation, sub-netting, spanning tree, VLAN trunking and inter-VLAN routing
- IP routing protocols including RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS and BGP
- Video technologies, ranging from Analog and QAM based, to Pro:Idiom and future deployments
- TDM services including T1/E1, T3/E3, OCx circuits and Frame Relay
- Telephone network design and service delivery, including VoIP
- General knowledge with carrier and MSO interconnections, Central Office collocation, and interconnections and facilitating NOC to NOC relationships
- Intermediate knowledge of computers and software applications including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as Sales Force)
- Requires use of standard office equipment and personal computer (PC)/video display terminal, mouse and various peripherals. Equipment requires involved set-up, adjustments and operational procedures (e.g. word processing equipment, personal computers, scanners and digital copier/printer).
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from a four (4) year college or university in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Industry recognized certifications such as CCNP, CCNP – Wireless, CCDP or equivalent
Related Work Experience
- 2-5 years Network Engineering/ Administrator experience, Network Sales Engineering experience or Major accounts experience
- 3-5 years Designing IP Networks to deliver Voice/Video/Data, including Optical Transport Technologies (CWDM, DWDM, Wavelengths) and frame relay or ATM networks
Requisition Number: 224609BR-1.