Provide pre- and post-sale support to sales representatives in multiple sales channels with customized sales support models. Collaborate with sales managers to ensure understanding and adherence of sales and sales support policies and to address and resolve issues. Ensure adherence to Charter policies and processes, correct utilization of tools and systems, and accurate and complete information is captured and reflected in contracts and sales orders. Recommend changes to policies and establish procedures that affect Sales Operations. Ensure accuracy, speed and volume performance goals are met.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently, support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience and attain revenue goals.
- Prepare leadership for travel, public events and speaking engagements, sales meetings by compiling relevant information and significantly contributing content to composition of leadership presentations, speeches or other correspondence.
- Schedule and maintain calendar of appointments, meetings, travel itineraries and coordinate related arrangements.
- Perform comprehensive event planning and coordination functions, including determining attendees, flow of information to attendees, equipment, staffing, catering, location, etc.
- Prepare sales, projections, contracts and otherrequiredreports. Compile, analyze information and data relating to leaders of the business; evaluate results.
- Serve as primary point of contact and subject matter expert for assigned sales positions/teams. Collaborate with sales leadership to ensure understanding of and compliance with sales policies and procedures. Identify and develop ways to enhance sales support.
- Collaborate with sales and service delivery teams to refine processes.
- Serve as subject matter expert to assist development and implementation of new products, processes and systems. Identify issues and drive resolution.
- Conduct calibration sessions with other Charter Business personnel to promote quality and process compliance and to improve department performance.
- Design and manage internal control procedures.
- Review and assess team performance. Develop and implement action plans to improve performance.
- Oversee the development of training material.
- May assist in training in functions and duties and provide guidance to other staff members
- Manage a portfolio of special projects, including data gathering, analysis, planning, presenting to senior department management, implementation, and post-implementation impact assessment. Take into account the impact of decisions on other departments.
- Frequent demand to manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Assist with business plans and strategies.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently
- Demonstrated judgment, initiative and sense of urgency to accomplish job duties
- Ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, while working calmly, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with multiple, sometimes shifting priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a can-do attitude, diplomatic approach, confidence and comfort around peers and senior leadership team
- Proven communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, define expectations and gain commitment to project goals and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and perform high-level supervisory duties in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
- Effective team player with proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally across organizations, disciplines, and geographies to accomplish business goals while achieving project deliverables against budget and milestones
- A passion for community building with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining productive, mutually-beneficial relationships
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate company and department needs; to think strategically, act tactically, and solve problems quickly and independently. Demonstrated sound judgment in making decisions and solving problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and independently, from ideation through development and release
- Well versed in analyzing data and qualitative information as a foundation to effectively evolve programs. Ability to translate and synthesize data and complex information into compelling narrative
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems collaboratively while working under pressure. Creative and able to develop out-of-the box solutions
- Proficiency with personal computer and software applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project
- Knowledge of commercial communication services: cable television, internet, phone, fiber, PRI, bulk, and other advanced services
- Advanced knowledge of sales tools, CRM platforms and billing systems, and other related software (e.g., SalesForce, Siebel, CSG, Oracle)
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of interrelationships and dependencies of sales, sales operations, service delivery, field operations and customer service supporting both coax- and fiber-based services
- Knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory, finance, and audit functions
- Knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing strategies
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience Number of Years
Operations experience 5
Commercial (B2B) sales and CRM platform experience (Salesforce, Siebel, etc.) 5
Commercial (B2B) billing platform experience (CSG, Oracle, etc.) 3
Commercial (B2B) sales operations tool experience (Synchronoss, Neustar, GIS, etc.) 3
SharePoint experience 1
Financial, accounting, and/or data analysis experience 3
Business analysis and requirements writing experience 2-3
Sales or relationship-management experience 3
Project management experience 3
Leadership experience 4
Management experience 2
Telecommunications experience 4
Flexibility to work extended hours