Community Sales Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Real Estate
At Benchmark Communities we believe it matters who builds your home. We are a homebuilder with footprints across the West Coast, Pacific Northwest and Southeast states. Designing and building homes is our passion -- exceeded only by our desire to have every one of our homeowners be thoroughly satisfied with their Benchmark home.Our strength is our all-star team of homebuilding professionals who treat each moment in the development, design and building process as an opportunity to do better. Our "Everything Matters" approach to homebuilding begins with design input from real families. From there, we combine energy-efficient constructiontechnology with top quality materials and the industry's finest craftsmen to create homes and neighborhoods that live as well as they look. The difference is something you'll notice right away and appreciate for years to come.When you choose Benchmark Communities, you'll have peace-of-mind knowing your new home is backed by the strength and stability of our parent company, UCP -- a publicly traded community development leader. You'll also be privileged to our nationally ranked Customer Relations Team who is here to stay right along with you and your new home.
The Community Sales Manager provides direct support to the sales function by assisting the VP, Sales and Marketing (or applicable manager) and serving as the lead Sales Manager to the community. The ultimate goal of this position is to meet or exceed Benchmark Communities’ established sales and closing goals while maintaining outstanding customer service levels.
- Responsible for the conversion of prospects to customers, generating referrals, and building strategic customer and realtor relationships to maximize revenue for the organization.
- Reviews competitors and market research regularly and serves as an internal expert on both new and used home product in assigned markets.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the business plan. Reviews the sales numbers for the Community regularly (prices, inventory, backlog, etc.) and use them to evaluate the effectiveness of the sales and incentive programs.
- Responsible for executing sales strategies and marketing plans in order to meet or exceed the Community’s sales volume expectations while maintaining an acceptable gross profit margin on each home sold.
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of sales data maintained in Sales Simplicity by updating it on a daily basis. Takes ownership of the sale numbers for the Community.
- Interacts as needed with other departments and functions such as Design Center, Marketing, Construction, Customer Relations, etc.
- Actively participates in weekly community meetings. Effectively communicates current sales statuses and stages.
- Continually educates themselves on current lending programs and trends.
- To ensure the community store front (sales office, model complex, community surrounding, spec homes, etc.) are maintained and in pristine condition.
- Help lead and grow Community SalesAssociate(s).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent / Bachelor’s Degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 3years of new home salesexperiencerequired.
- Valid Real Estate License as required by State.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Complete understanding of the sales process and the selling cycle as it relates to the new home sales environment.
- Must be effective at giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong software skills must be fluent in all Microsoft Windows Office applications.
- Ability to enter data and evaluate information (Sales Simplicity reports, Market Research Data, etc.)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to interface at all levels within the organization and external contacts.
- Requires the ability to influence others, negotiate outcomes, and articulate action plans with community team, as well as, internal and external customer groups.
- High degree of professionalism; ability to communicate with confidence and tact.
- Team player; with demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams.
- Sound judgment and a high level of integrity to maintain confidentiality of sensitive financial information.
- Self-directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight.
- Accurate; with attention to detail while staying clearly focused on the big picture