ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Growth Marketing team is a small group of fast-moving, data-driven, and creative thinkers who drive growth and engagement across all TheSkimm’s platforms and products. The Community and Retention Manager role will craft and support the experiences and drive retention of our most loyal community members.
The Community and Retention Manager will report into the VP, Growth Marketing. We’re looking for an extraordinary community engagement and retention specialist with experience managing and supporting online communities as well as aligning content and communication strategies. This role will be responsible for helping drive our community participation and loyalty while partnering with key stakeholders to ideate and optimize new content, messaging, and incentive tactics. The ideal candidate is a digital-savvy and proactive problem-solver who is excited about delighting and retaining brand enthusiasts.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Develop and execute an ongoing programming & content plan for our community members on our platform -- including a robust content calendar and engagement moments across verticals.
- Engage with community members and respond to questions, comments and requests as our community moderator.
- Create and maintain long-term roadmaps for Skimm'bassador community that align to theSkimm's larger roadmap and our continued membership growth across our growing universe of products and services.
- Define and articulate guidelines, principles, expectations, goals and success metrics for the Skimm’bassador community.
- Relay community feedback to relevant internal stakeholders.
- Monitor and evolve experience strategy based on observed behavior.
- Work closely with Brand, Growth, Social, PR, Product, Sales and other relevant stakeholders to stay updated on broad company initiatives and product changes.
- Devise and implement all community communications. Develop, manage and execute retention tactics for community members - working closely with Lifecycle Marketing team to develop and maintain automated emails and other communications as applicable to further engage community members and move them through the funnel.
- Own community metrics, analyzing and reporting on key performance indicators - including emails and other communications, identifying and communicating trends to the broader team, and finding opportunities for improvement.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- 5+ years of hands-on experience managing online communities.
- Experience moderating real-time community forums and events as well as growing a diverse and engaged community, with empathy towards multiple or alternative viewpoints, experiences, and motivations or priorities.
- Embody and imbue the values of the community to help us achieve our mission and foster community spirit.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making capability, including knowing when to escalate and how to prioritize.
- Exceptional written and verbal and verbal communication - can effectively own brand voice in all communications.
- Experience or interest in email and/or digital marketing.
- A passion for theSkimm brand and products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter