$100K — $150K *
Join boundless thinkers from all walks of life working together to feed the world. Take pride in working with powerful brands, including Purina Animal Nutrition, Nutra Blend, WinField United, Vermont Creamery, KozyShack, and more.
You'll join a global team committed to everything from the seeds that go into the ground, to the technology that improves crop yields and sustainability, to the nutrition that animals need, to marketing the final product.
Community Relations ManagerJob Summary:
This position will lead and execute strategic programs and initiatives that build strong community relationships, have community impact and build the positive reputation of Land O’Lakes. It will support business goals through community relations initiatives that further our corporate values and social investment in the community.
The position will maintain and build effective internal relationships with individuals, teams and departments and externally with strategic community partners and organizations.
This position will lead teams in managing complex, highly visible community and hunger relief initiatives by relying on advanced organizational, project management, interpersonal and community relations skills and expertise.
The position will lead initiatives that engage Land O'Lakes employees and retirees in community opportunities through volunteering initiatives, participation in community events, and serving on community boards.
The position will focus on Community Relations including employee giving local, national and global initiatives; American Red Cross, local, national and global disaster relief initiatives; Land O'Lakes member, employee and retiree programs and volunteer initiatives; and other community and sponsorship partnerships.
This position will manage all contribution and in-kind donation requests.
Strategic and Project Leadership:
1.Create and manage strategic projects and teams in the community relations department. Provide leadership and overall direction for the team, synthesizing and integrating efforts to maximize results and efficiencies. Collaborate with key business partners in the creation and implementation of strategic community relations initiatives.
2. Analyze internal and external community relations opportunities and make strategic program recommendation. Lead strategies and programs. Evaluate effectiveness of community strategies and tactics and lead changes as needed to shape future efforts.
3. Coordinate implementation process for projects, identify barriers and use problem-solving and mentoring skills to help team meet deadlines and budget requirements.
4. Develop strong relationships with senior staff, business partners, internal and external staff and external resources (e.g. vendors, strategic partners, distribution channels) to partner effectively and achieve results that directly support company, community and business goals. Set up necessary structures and processes that support ongoing collaboration.
Represent Land O'Lakes as a leader in the community. Represent the company with external audiences, partners and community organizations to raise the positive reputation and opinion of Land O'Lakes in the community.
Engage employees and retirees as ambassadors for Land O'Lakes in the community. Manage, lead, and execute the annual employee giving campaign/s. Lead volunteer and fundraising initiatives to raise employee engagement and raise the positive reputation of Land O'Lakes as a great place to work and have a career.
Finance and compliance:
Coordinate with finance and legal and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and accountability standards.
1) Prepare and manage budgets; reconcile with expenses, coordinate with finance and VP of Community Relations.
2) Coordinate with legal team to ensure all contracts and legal agreements are created, approved and maintained for all community, foundation and sponsorships initiatives.
Set strategies with corporate communications team oversee execution of all internal and external communications to represent the community relations and Foundation initiatives in a proactive and positive manner. Communication materials may include correspondence, letters, website, social media, brochures, Annual Reports, presentations, awards and other communication materials as needed.
Education and Experience Required:
Land O'Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O’Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O'Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users.
Valid through: 3/8/2021