Community Marketing Manager
at CommonBondNew York
CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, and caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program: For every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
We are looking for an experienced, innovative marketer to lead campaigns that reflect the CommonBond brand values, as well as oversee our social media content. This person would possess a high level of responsibility, ownership and accountability tomaintain the strength of the CommonBond brand through marketing campaigns. This role reports to our Director of Communications.
In this role, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work across business lines and teams to organize marketing initiatives for CommonBond. This role would:
- Oversee marketing initiatives for our Social Promise – for every loan we fund, we fund the education of a child in need – and our annual CommonBond Social Impact Award.
- Proactively develop partnerships with other startup and enterprise companies, as well as nonprofits, to supportCommonBond’s brand as a leader in higher education finance.
- Organize and execute CommonBond’s annual Women in Tech Week initiative, including proprietary research, social media outreach, and event management.
- Work with our creative team on marketing and social media projects that highlight the CommonBond brand.
- Own social media strategy in coordination with marketing and creative teams.
- Oversee strategy and production of copy, visual and video content for social media marketing.
- Align social media strategy with paid direct response campaigns.
- Collaborate with communications, growth marketing, content and product marketing on large-scale marketing events and other initiatives.
The ideal candidate for this role would have:
- 4+ years of experience in marketing, branding, communications, or social media. Experience in more than one of these fields is preferred.
- A proven track record of both event and social media management.
- Experience working with multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with third-party partner organizations to execute projects.
- Outstanding writing and communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- A strong work ethic, keen prioritization skills and high standards for your work.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves mentality: we’re a nimble, proactive team that is used to working collaboratively and creatively toachieve some really big things.