Community Market Development Specialist
The Community Development Specialist will partner with churches/communities to create and execute a plan that supports the new Christian market membership growth andrecruiting strategy as well as help members move toward a position of surplus, enabling them to be wise with money and live generously. Utilizing Thriventeducation, activation and generosity programs, this position identifies and builds awareness and engagement in new Christian communities for Thrivent. This role is alsoresponsible in helping build an incremental unit of successful Financial Representatives that contribute substantially to the overall membership growth of the Regional Financial Office (RFO) and new Christian market strategy.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Identify New Opportunities (34%)
- Identify and execute new Christian market community events where the RFO can actively participate for membership growth and recruiting opportunities. Attend and track community meeting and gatherings and provide a monthly summary of observation and needs to Manager, Community Market Development.
- Maintain database of new Christian community leaders, and create a center of influence (COI) client service model to maintain contact with them
- Identify, research and evaluate new community-based programs, partnerships, and engagement initiatives in new Christian communities that may have mutually beneficial connections to Thrivent
- Initiate and deepen relationships with new Christian community stakeholders by sharing Thrivent education, activation and generosity programs with key church groups to build awareness and engagement in those communities with support of Thrivent's marketing area.
- Distribute information about Thrivent to the community through multiple channels, including social media.
Attract and Recruit (33%)
- Work with RFO Managing Partner and Manager, Community Market Development as well as the corporate team to execute new Christian market recruiting plan. Manage local recruiting and events calendar and communication. Maintain tracking reports for new market FRs prospects and hires and submit on a weekly basis to Manager, Community Market Development
- Build recruiting efforts in new Christian market communities within the assigned zone, including generating and attracting leads, and promoting the Thrivent brand. Proactively network to source and qualify candidates seeking the opportunity to serve the new Christian community.
- Work with zone Partner throughout handoff process to create accountability metrics and membership growth opportunities. Identify and do preliminary interviews for potential new Christian market financial representatives (FRs) to determine partner hand off of FRs to meet new market recruiting goal.
- Share monthly results with RFO leadership on new Christian market recruiting efforts and membership growth goals.
Support FRs in Latino Markets (33%)
- Guide new Christian market FRs in the development of business plans to help identify and engage new Christian communities.
- Conduct Bi-weekly 1:1 with new Christian market FRs during first 12months for accountability purpose.
- Conduct quarterly new Christian market focus training sessions in partnership with New Market Development and Training Manager as well as RFO team. Disseminate support materials to new FRs.
- Collaborate/Communicate with zone CEL and local management team to support Christian community opportunities this role creates to align with FR work in the zone.
- Be technically able to execute Salesforcecampaigns, and coach FRs and Ops on the SF program for management of member/prospect events, and to run reports for calling lists.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degreerequired or commiserate experience
- Bilingual may be required, verbal and written.
- Min of five years of professional business experience and/or a minimum of two years financial services experience or executive recruiting experience.
- Experience in volunteer and community leadership.
- Must have in depth understanding of the Latino culture and community.
- Public speaking skills - To conduct internal and external presentations
- Demonstrated ability to build, activate and leverage networks
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and relationships and facilitate execution of plans with individuals and groups
- Demonstrated ability to coach others for goal achievement
- Must be familiar with RFO location and surrounding areas and have existing relationships with local Latino market community based, churches, business and professional organizations and companies
Other Critical Factors
- Ability to travel up to 50% locally in geography and location of zone and partners
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Life and Health Insurance License for new FR training and coaching purpose required within 90 days - will not be compensated in any way shape or form