The successful candidate will manage the day-to-day operational activities surrounding the online communities for our games – including official websites, social media channels, and other community-managed sites. While working in a cross-functional team, the Community Manager keeps the online community engaged and grows the community base. This individual will effectively utilize knowledge of our games and community to assist the Marketing/Communications Department with ideas and designs that will work to increase player retention and engagement. This individual will report on trends and player sentiment to inform the Company and development studio in order to help shape active game development and messaging strategies.
*Please include writing samples with your resume submission.*
- This can be in the form of Community Management-related content, social media content, or formal writing samples.
- Assist and oversee community channels pre and post launch and help foster and build community-generated content, forum discussions, and other interactions
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure that community feedback is addressed
- Help develop community assets such as game videos, podcasts, developer interviews, product updates, and animated gifs
- Maintain consistent presence and promote user-friendly environment within online communities -, including official forums and on community-managed sites such as Reddit and Discord
- Work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance and Customer Support teams to ensure a positive player experience
- Help conduct private and public tests to gather community feedback to improve product quality
- Generate and distribute community reports including community sentiment and analytics
- Assist with the company's involvement in trade shows, exhibitions, and other events
- Assist other members of the community team with community-related tasks
- Promote games and content updates through official livestreams
- Work with development studios on creating patch notes for content updates
- BS degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of community/social media experience in gaming industry or similar entertainment industries required
- Technical knowledge of online community platforms, systems and software
- Strong understanding of popular social networking tools and trends
- Knowledgeable on latest technologies and techniques used in building and maintaining successful gaming communities
- Drive to innovate community practices and bring community management to the next level
- Proven history of maintaining and developing an online community
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrated initiative and positive spirit in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience w/ AAA mobile games a plus
- Experience with photo/video/podcasting editing a plus
- Knowledge of Bethesda Softworks and its titles a plus
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in everything we do – from recruiting for our studios, publishing and operations to fostering safe and respectful workplaces that encourage collaboration. Our culture is based on principles of respect, inclusion, and fair treatment and we welcome anyone into our family without regard to race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age.
Our diversity fuels our innovation and inspires us to create game worlds that bring us closer to the global community of players we serve.